Cookeville autocross, 2004-02-07

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Leadfoot

Cookeville autocross, 2004-02-07

Post by Leadfoot »

The Golden Eagle Sports Car Club is hosting an autocross in Cookeville on Feb. 7. For more info, see their web site:

http://br107.math.tntech.edu/GESCC/
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

Wow...they have a short entry list and lotsa runs........whats not to like? Anyone going?
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

Looks like a decent sized lot to me.
Williampreza

Post by Williampreza »

I'd love to try out the new falken's on that.... but I work Sat.s :oops:
Will Lavender
#44 HS Nissan Frontier?
BillyM

Post by BillyM »

I'm glad someone's on the GESCC ball.

Sadly, that is most likely not the lot they will use. They only use that one on the rare occasion there is some big to-do in the library or math buildings or something of that nature, where our cars would disrupt testing. The other lot is a little smaller, but longer, giving good slalom/3rdgear opportunities.

Get there around 9:45-10:00. They most likely wont be done setting up by then. They do have loaner helmets, cost is $10 for non-gescc-members. Uhm, you get a lunch break there too. Catch up with most of the GESCC guys for a trip down to the jack-in-the-box. ...oh yea, expect 10+ runs.

I dont think I'll have a car, as the supra's still down for the turbo and I dont quite feel comfortable giving the celi-gts hell. :cry:

So, if anyone needs a guide to cookeville and their entry, lunch, and some gas-money paid for... heh

--BillyM

[edit] notice the white car in the left side of my avatar? its at the edge of the parking lot in that big picture.... I was coming into that big-oll 180 box turn...[/edit]
OneFastZx2

Post by OneFastZx2 »

Hey i might go to this, my girlfriend lives in columbia and im down their on the weekends and drive right by cookeville, so i might just "stop in" on my way home and get some runs in...... burn off whats left of my tires from last season, give me a excuse to get new ones
98 Ford Excort Zx2
STS Auto-X leader........ hahahaha, maybe one day i'll be good enough to beat someone.... anyone!?!?!
JW

Post by JW »

Last edited by JW on Thu May 14, 2015 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
BillyM

Post by BillyM »

It starts at 11, looks as though I may be able to attend afterall.

--BillyM
OneFastZx2

Post by OneFastZx2 »

that sux that it was cancelled, i wanted to burn the rest of my tires off so i had an excuse to get new ones.....
98 Ford Excort Zx2
STS Auto-X leader........ hahahaha, maybe one day i'll be good enough to beat someone.... anyone!?!?!
BillyM

Post by BillyM »

Yup, I wasn't at a computer when I heard the news, else I would have posted earlier. Hope noone made the trip.

...there's always nexttime.

--BillyM
ImpressvRS

Post by ImpressvRS »

:evil: I made the trip.....It was snowing a little bit when I got there but the weather was nice enough to race...at least for a suby. I probably won't go again though as it's impossible to find out whether it's cancelled or not when they cancel it the same morning as the event and I'm in transit at the time.

Oh well...at the very least I got to get a lot of salt, snow and road dust all over my car for a nice used and abused look. Plus, I got to see Tyler cruising in his STI down Kingston Pike with a grin from ear to ear on my way back home.
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
STS 70
tscott

Post by tscott »

ImpressvRS wrote: Plus, I got to see Tyler cruising in his STI down Kingston Pike with a grin from ear to ear on my way back home.
So you saw me chauffering the wife and daughter around. Was that you in the blue scoob that I waved too?
Tyler Scott
ImpressvRS

Post by ImpressvRS »

Nope...that was Derek in the Blue WRX. I was right behind him in the Siler 2.5 RS. I didn't see your wife in kids...I suppose I was distracted by the you know what eatin' grin on your face. The STI looks darn good.
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
STS 70