What if it snows on Saturday

Post by tnturbo »

Does the school go on even if it snows and there is accumulation
Jeff Miller
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Boyzz..let me teel youns sumptin....

If it snows,youns lb on yer own.

I'v been sick ever since my sinus surgery.
jb
tscott

Post by tscott »

I just got some weird looks from some people at work, because I had to read John's post out loud to figger eet out.
Tyler Scott
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

You people are the ones that go buy 10 gallons of milk and 20 loaves of bread on days like today. :lol:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

The Great Grocery Store Conspiricy....
dfsmith

Post by dfsmith »

MARKP wrote:You people are the ones that go buy 10 gallons of milk and 20 loaves of bread on days like today. :lol:
Nope, just beer. :lol:
Dave Smith

'09 Honda Accord LX-P (daily beater/greyhound bus)
'08 Ford Ranger XL (parts & manure hauler)
'74 Porsche 914 (perpetual project car)
CABoegemann

Your local forecast

Post by CABoegemann »

:arrow: WBIR isn't saying much, but the TriCities stations are saying snow after mid-night. Snow Saturday morning. Accumulation of a couple inches. They have removed the Winter Storm Watch and we're now in a Snow Advisory until noon Saturday. No big deal.
:roll:
Larry did you get permission to run inside the warehouse? How many square feet is it? I can drive a fork lift if we need to move the grills. :twisted:
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

Dress warmly this weekend, snow or not. Many layers. Long johns are recommended. Staying outside in the cold for many hours is far different than just being out for 20-30 min. I saw a lot of people at our first autoX that were freezing, simply because they didn't dress for the weather. An event in cold weather can be a lot of fun if you are prepared. :D
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Good advice above. I went to an event in Atlanta a few years ago where it never got above freezing. I wore wool socks, sweat pants, jeans, t-shirt, flannel shirt, army jacket, towel over my head, hat over towel. I felt like the Michelin man but I was comfortable outside all day.

You can always take layers off but you can't put them on if you don't have them.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
dfoulk

Re: Your local forecast

Post by dfoulk »

CABoegemann wrote::arrow: Larry did you get permission to run inside the warehouse? How many square feet is it? I can drive a fork lift if we need to move the grills. :twisted:
How about a fork truck autocross. We could slalom around pillars and dodge strategically located piles of sweeping compound. Whoever slides in the sweeping compound and hits a pillar loses. :lol:

Dewey
thatchedroofgarage

My forklift

Post by thatchedroofgarage »

My forklift has chrome fender dents, high speed floormats and slicks...I am ready for ya.

David
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

But seriously, are we just gonna wait for the snow to melt or what?
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

I showed up for work at a plant a number of years ago and found an I-beam webb punctured about 6" above floor level. Turns out some guys on third shift had been racing their fork trucks and one got loose and went into the I-beam. Didn't take much detective work to find the fork truck and driver. Those things are heavy and can do a lot of damage. :twisted: :twisted:
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

thrdeye wrote:But seriously, are we just gonna wait for the snow to melt or what?
Larry, Do you get Speed Channell in the break room? Maybe we could hook-up a PS-2 and have a GT4 tournament while things thaw.

BTW-Course workers should bring a flask. :D
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

CABoegemann wrote:
thrdeye wrote:But seriously, are we just gonna wait for the snow to melt or what?
Larry, Do you get Speed Channell in the break room? Maybe we could hook-up a PS-2 and have a GT4 tournament while things thaw.

BTW-Course workers should bring a flask. :D
WTF are you talking about? I'm doing safety steward...I'm bringin a fifth!!!

Also, I was planning on bringing the PS2 and GT4 along with my steering wheel setup.....If anyone has an RF switch, bring it, as we will not be able to play w/o it if the TV has no RCA jacks.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3