child seat

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
thewelder

child seat

Post by thewelder »

Just got done installing a new car seat for my little girl. I was wondering, since it was such a pain to put in :oops: , does it have to come out for a race. I looked it the rule book and didn't see anything about it. You all know the rules better than I do. Thanks Chad
*Chad Summey*

E mod 78 lotus seven clone.
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

As long as it is secure inside the car, I can't see a reason why you would have to remove it.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
thewelder

Post by thewelder »

Thank I was hoping someone would say that but does anyone know if it is OK by the rulebook. Chad
*Chad Summey*

E mod 78 lotus seven clone.
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

If it is secured, no one locally is going to object. We just look for loose stuff or things that can get loose. It is not a safety issue.

No one could legitimately say this is a modification, unless it materially changed the weight of the car. If anyone locally objects, we would just laugh. :lol:

I don't thing you will find anything in the rule book that specifically addresses this situation.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
larry

Child Seat

Post by larry »

At this point in my life I do have to be concerned about child seats but I think it is interesting that the label on the visor of my MIATA says the "safest place for a child is in the back seat". :?
Larry Huff
1999 Mazda Miata Sport Silver CS 8 (#1)
1999 Mazda Miata Sport Silver CS 8 (#2)
2005 Acura TL Anthracite