First AutoCross

Discussions related to Solo
DarkStar

First AutoCross

Post by DarkStar »

So I completed my very first autocross this last Sunday in my Porsche at smokies stadium. I had a blast!! Everyone was incredibly nice and helpful. I DNF’d my first run as I went off track. I had an experienced driver ride with me the next two times and was able to complete the course the remainder of my runs. I wanna thank him and all the others that I cannot remember their names. The guy that was gridded next to me In the silver corvette was very helpful when it came to tire temp and pressure. I also got to ride on the other Porsche, a very fast GT3. He introduced me to track addict. Does anyone else use it to record runs? Overall, I think I held my own and had fun doing it. I can’t wait till next time. Thanks again. Everyone out there on Sunday.
Erik Taylor
2001 Porsche 996 Cabriolet
1985 Porsche 944

"Try not, DO. Or Do not. There is no try..." --Master Yoda
MARKP

Re: First AutoCross

Post by MARKP »

Welcome Erik! I wasn't at the event but it sounds like you got some good advice from some good people.

Regarding datalogging, I use SoloStorm and I know several others that do. It's great for autocross purposes and I also use it at an occasional track event. I have no personal experience with TrackAddict.
https://www.petreldata.com/product/solo ... r-android/
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

Welcome! I use TrackAddict for autocross and track events, works pretty good... I might suggest picking up an external high resolution bluetooth GPS device, that helps make the data more accurate. Glad you had a great time!!
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
FrankF

Post by FrankF »

Erik—If you’re interested in a 10Hz GPS, I got one with solostorm that I don’t need. I’m gonna post it for sale, but if you want it let me know. $75 brand new in box.

It’s this one:
https://www.petreldata.com/product/qstarz-gps-receiver/
Frank Forcino
2019 Miata
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

Will this work with an iPhone and track addict?
Erik Taylor
2001 Porsche 996 Cabriolet
1985 Porsche 944

"Try not, DO. Or Do not. There is no try..." --Master Yoda
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

DarkStar wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:29 pm Will this work with an iPhone and track addict?
If it's the 818GT, yes. But at the price it looks like it's the 818XT which would require you to jailbreak your iPhone, assuming that you still can.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner