Event 8 after action

Discussions related to Solo
jcox07

Event 8 after action

Post by jcox07 »

What a great weekend of autocrossing, the weather was great and the event was great. Thank you to all that made this weekend a huge success!!! JY
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
ConeEater

Re: Event 8 after action

Post by ConeEater »

That was probably one of the more fun courses @ Bristol I've run. That's NOT being critical of other ones, because I don't think I've ever driven a BAD course there. This one was way different than the previous ones.
Big thanks to the ETR board/helpers who set it all up and tore it back down again.

Tom was nice enough to give me a "free first hit off the pipe" in his SSC car. I've been debating on what to get next that can do solo and TT without huge sacrifices for either and I think that car is the ticket. Couldn't get quick enough in the 3 runs for Pro class but I DID get faster when it didn't count..lol

My only "comments"
1) some better direction for heading out of grid Up around the tent - a lot of people in our heat were going to the right and having to "pinch" around the gate. I am pretty sure it was told to us to go to the left and go the long way around - Maybe next time a couple lay downs or something to catch their eye?
2) Nit picky one here.... if there's no computer available for the announcer to use ( which is fine ), maybe some extra grid sheets or something so we can tell who's driving the cars? I hated 'assuming' it was a he or she in the car and tried to figure it out as the runs went, but still could not say "And Bill comes across the line with a ....." or whatever.

Thanks for having water available and a little downtime beftween heats. Not enough to run out to grab lunch, but enough time to sit, relax and have a snack.
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
Scoob

Post by Scoob »

Great day all around - and I'm not just saying that because I was kicking a$$ in Randy's car... Randy did a great job keeping the trains on time and getting us 6 runs and done before the sun baked everyone.
Scott Boito
#68 CAM-S C5 Z06
SEDIV SSS

BetterOffRacing
steverife

Post by steverife »

No complaints from an organizational standpoint.

Middle sections run up and back were boring/frustrating (from a gearing perspective), but I REALLY liked what we did on the showcase.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Very little tweeking of Harps course.. and it was a blast to drive.
Wish I could have stayed off those cones on my 3rd run.. and Lin hadn't drank the last cold beer on Sat nite... :lol:
Gettin ready for MoParty!
:rockon:
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

Anyone have any video of the course for those of us that couldn't make it?
- Dave Disney
RxCritical

Post by RxCritical »

disneyd wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:53 am Anyone have any video of the course for those of us that couldn't make it?
I posted one on FB.
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
Scoob

Post by Scoob »

Steve and I also posted videos on FB.
Scott Boito
#68 CAM-S C5 Z06
SEDIV SSS

BetterOffRacing
steverife

Post by steverife »

I plan to put mine on the ETR FB group when I get home, as well.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Nick2500cd

Post by Nick2500cd »

Had a blast with this course, the Lexus did better than I thought it did once I remembered to turn traction control off! Real tank slapper for sure. My favorite part was the heavy offset turns before the finish, there's definitely a right and a wrong way to do those for sure. Or maybe the fast left handed turn after we passed the fence. Surprised me how fast I could take that
Would have been FTD if I had the civic for sure ha!

Everyone worked well to make sure we had a smooth event, can't wait till the next one!
Nick/Thorne Browning
'98 Civic HX
eunos735

Post by eunos735 »

My car seemed to really like that course. Wish my last run had been clean. I have no idea where that cone was. Great event and super fun course.
SSM 96/196
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

eunos735 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:57 pm My car seemed to really like that course. Wish my last run had been clean. I have no idea where that cone was. Great event and super fun course.
Thanks for some great background soundtrack while unloading the car in the morning :) Was good to hear some good music in paddock
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

eunos735 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:57 pm My car seemed to really like that course. Wish my last run had been clean. I have no idea where that cone was. Great event and super fun course.
As I remember, it was the first cone of one of the three cone offset walls as you were heading to the back side of the course. You hit it with your right rear tire. Maybe. My memory isn't what it used to be and I may have you confused with somebody else who hit that cone. But your car is pretty memorable, so it's better than even odds.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
eunos735

Post by eunos735 »

ConeEater wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:54 am
Thanks for some great background soundtrack while unloading the car in the morning :) Was good to hear some good music in paddock
I have a pretty broad taste in music. It helps get in me in the mood to go fast :) If anyone is ever annoyed or offended by my selection....just point it out politely and Ill change it up.
SSM 96/196