Reintroduction

Discussions related to Solo
Bscott

Reintroduction

Post by Bscott »

Hello all,

Just a reintroduction after many years away. I got hooked on AX back in the mid 2000s and back then slung a BSP 85 Carrera around the cones. Kids happen, work gets busy, and unfortunately that car is no longer with me. Fast forward several years, now my oldest Connor is 17 and a big car enthusiast, and is sooo excited to get into autocross! So will be introducing him to it this year in a 2002 BMW 325i we recently bought (will keep GS), and hope to make it to Bristol for the first one of the season March 6th. We are doing all the maintenance and wrenching on it ourselves, going through all the basics now to get it ready, so he is also learning that too. I will be trying to relearn driving myself (not sure i ever really knew much, but had fun), so if anyone here can give him some tips via ride alongs or whatever, that would be appreciated. I don't want him to learn all my old, bad, ham-fisted habits ;-)

I remember this is a fantastic community, and honestly I'm a bit excited myself!

Barry Scott
Barry Scott
jcox07

Re: Reintroduction

Post by jcox07 »

Welcome back Barry, bristol has a test n tune on March 5th as well and that would get you 20 to 30 runs and plenty of seat time. There are some fast guys in our club and most all will gladly take you all on ride a longs. Looking forward to seeing you both at Bristol. JY
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
steverife

Post by steverife »

Heck yeah! I remember the Porsche from around when I started.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Welcome back, Barry! I ran a bunch of different stuff in the early-mid 2000s. Red 79 VW Scirocco, 2001 dark blue Celica, red 85 CRX Si.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Bscott

Post by Bscott »

Thanks all! i do recognize some names here, and probably will @ faces too. I don't know if we can make the T&T on Mar 5th with other commitments, but man that sure would be ideal. Connor and I are very much looking forward to it all!
Barry Scott
85Carrera

Post by 85Carrera »

Nice to meet some of you guys last night at the social. Connor and I will plan on going to the March 5 T&T also, so if any of you AX veterans can ride with him for pointers or let him ride along with you on Sat, that would be great. See you all in Bristol.
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Test and tunes are great for ride alongs. Feel free to stick him in the red, white, and blue Corvette, assuming I don't run into any issues on reassembly. :lol:

Glad you guys could make it out last night!
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Bscott

Post by Bscott »

Thanks Mark, will definitely do that, and good luck with the reassembly! I’ve been rolling around on the concrete floor last 4 weekends getting the car ready for GS: new shocks/struts, front bar, new rotors/pads, changed all fluids, and just got tires and wheels delivered today. I’ve been sore for a month straight, and wallet little lighter, ready for hopefully a break myself :roll:
Barry Scott