Joe Henslee

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
MARKP

Joe Henslee

Post by MARKP »

Unfortunately I am here to report sad news. Joe Henslee has passed away due to an aggressive form of cancer. He was diagnosed about a month ago. Joe was a long time member of ETR, former RE and board member, and had worked for Appalachian Race Tire part time after retiring from Boeing.

Joe was a big help to me, helping with paddock and grid at the inaugural Pine Mountain Hillclimb and also helped me with various car related things. He was a wealth of knowledge when it came to race cars.

At this time no services have been planned. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
steverife

Re: Joe Henslee

Post by steverife »

That's really sad to hear.

I'm a long time ETR member myself at this point, and Joe was a long-time member at the point when I started. He has done a lot for our racing community.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
TedV

Post by TedV »

Joe was a great guy. Condolences to his family and extended family of friends. I don't really have the words. Cancer sucks
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

wow.. hate to hear news such as this.
RIP Joe. :(
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

I barely knew him, really (unfortunately). But he saw a post here where I needed something (can't recall what) and reached out to try to help. That tells me he will surely be missed.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
mattedaniel

Post by mattedaniel »

Joe was an awesome storyteller. Great to hang out with talk racing,car setup,and custom fabrication. An awesome friend who would always make you feel like family. It wasn’t a good idea to get him going on politics though 😉. I will miss him and remember him often. Hope to go to the memorial and race gathering and hang out and here some memories.
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

Joe's sister is friends of ours and had no idea for a while. I got to know him a little ( not nearly well enough ) and we spent a few hours together trying to mount A7s on the Corvette wheels. SUPER nice guy with a huge knowledge base that I can only hope we all have that when we're older.
His garage was awesome with a bunch of cool racecars in various states of rebuild. I offered many times to come over to help, but he was a very detailed and particular guy :)

Didn't know about his cancer, but he had heart issues last year or so.
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing