May 29th event

Discussions related to Solo
RxCritical

Re: May 29th event

Post by RxCritical »

I am not sure on Rallycross rules. I am sure you could change dimensions and meet the criteria autocross but not sure what modified class that would put you in.
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
Nick2500cd

Post by Nick2500cd »

Whoops! Yeah, I did not see the excluded list.. the issue is when you have sticky tires the g forces+quick transitions make you very susceptible roll overs, think moose test! But I would think with rally you don't get that kind of traction, so while you can still flip from going off road, or hitting a turn weird, it's a lot less likely than just turning.
Nick/Thorne Browning
'98 Civic HX
Nmorse

Post by Nmorse »

I'll talk to someone on Sunday and see if I can race the mini. I can easily lower the car 3 inches and put wider stance on it, but if the final verdict is no matter what it won't meet any scca sanctions I will end up getting rid the of mini and get something else.
Nick2500cd

Post by Nick2500cd »

As far as I'm aware, of you were to lower the mini to make it it lower than the track width, you would be allowed to run, but I would definitely ask someone who knows more than me! The mods required to make you lower too would probably put you in a different class, so some research into what class you would want to run and what you want to do to the car would need to see you want to do. I ended up in SMF for street modified front wheel drive. But you could be in a couple of different classes. STM (street tire modified) is our local run what you bring category, so you could always run in that class. But there are tons of categories and sub categories with their own rules, it's just how far you want to take your car!
Nick/Thorne Browning
'98 Civic HX
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Nick is on the right path. You will have to lower the car and widen the track to get it legal to run. If you are only doing suspension mods, you would likely end up in one of the ST or SP classes. Of course, you can always run our local STM class as long as you meet the width/ height requirements and run 200 treadwear tires or above.

FYI, RallyX has a different set of rules to go by, strangely enough.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story