Summer nationals

Discussions related to Solo
jcox07

Summer nationals

Post by jcox07 »

Just home from summer Nats at Bristol and what a great event. Big thanks to Josh and Frank for keeping the water and ice supplied to the course workers and Jim Thomas for chief of tech as well as Raj and Berry and Randy for working registration and Scott Boito chiefing of safety and Kieran for chief of sound. Thanks also to Lin for chief of Waivers and all the folks who helped work the gate and that stuck around to help with picking up the cones and making sure the site was clean. We had 238 for the pro and the tour we had 302. This event IMO was the best summer Nats that we have done and a model to build on for next year. Jeff
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
FrankF

Re: Summer nationals

Post by FrankF »

Thank you JY! Two amazing events. It was a blast!
Frank Forcino
2019 Miata
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Agreed. This was probably the best one we have done. Let's start planning for next year!
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Incredible couple of events. JY - I know you love it but don't get burned out on doing these (or anything else for that matter). Glad to help you plan some stuff and maybe allow a little more delegation. Like, we need to figure out the local trailer so you don't have to make multiple trips up and back to get it there. As always, really appreciate your work, and sorry not sorry that you didn't get to use the John Deere this year.

Congrats to Cory (who went full Ivan Drago on the rest of ES) and Jed (STX) for wins and JY and Jim for trophies in CAM at the tour! Cameron and John also trophied in a bog STS field with a lot of talent in it. I can't really remember the Pro right now lol.

Long hot summer days....I think I was asleep every night by 915.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Biggest thing we need to work on fixing is waiver table help as we are responsible for it on Wednesday and each morning till the Worker shows up at the first run group. We would need 2 people each morning to work the table so each can walk the course. The lot was really clean as I didn't have to work that much on cleaning it. We had a really good turnout to help pickup cones at the end of the event. Brian Mason texted me and stated great event, probably by far the best one of the year and I agree. Next year's planning has already started. Looking for chiefs for the event and if you were a chief this year and would like to continue that same position, please let me know and if you would like to learn more just get with me and I can feel you in on what the duties are of each chief. Thanks Jeff
Last edited by jcox07 on Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2010 GT500
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

I apologize to Eric Anderson as I left him off of the thank you for being impound chief in my first post.....JY
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2010 GT500
Miata22

Post by Miata22 »

Thanks to Josh and Frank. You guys did a great job. Thank you for taking on the hardest position and performing your task so well.
Randy Adkins