Alignments

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
MP5_57

Alignments

Post by MP5_57 »

Where is a shop around knox that can do alignments for CHEAP. It is critical that I get my car aligned soon otherwise the tire i put on the front left of my car is going to wear out due to negative camber.

I need the best and cheapest place...i dont feel like fishing out 50+ for an alignment.

Thanks
James
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

Research the web for how to's, and do it yourself. I did my first one a few weeks ago and apparently I got it right. Allow a lot of time for the first try, and double check or triple check everything.

I bought nothing new. I used things that I already had. Carpenter square, two clamps, some wood strips, a calculator, a digital caliper, four cinder blocks, and twine.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

scottgib wrote:Research the web for how to's, and do it yourself. I did my first one a few weeks ago and apparently I got it right. Allow a lot of time for the first try, and double check or triple check everything.

I bought nothing new. I used things that I already had. Carpenter square, two clamps, some wood strips, a calculator, a digital caliper, four cinder blocks, and twine.
When can I drop the WRX off at "Gibson's Alignment" and how much is your lifetime alignment package?

James: Most any alignment is gonna cost you $50-$80. Also it is probably not the negative camber that is eating your tires.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

thrdeye wrote:When can I drop the WRX off at "Gibson's Alignment" and how much is your lifetime alignment package?
I hear they install tires too, just allow a week for them to get them on the wheels. :lol:

Scott is right though, done correctly, a home alignment is as cheap as they get.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
JW

Post by JW »

Last edited by JW on Thu May 14, 2015 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

I've was in and out of the tire changing business very quickly!!!! :? :P
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

I would be willing to help you with your tires Scott. :lol: :lol: Maybe a loose lug nut here, 16 lbs of pressure there, I think I see a nail over yonder.
2013 WRX
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

HeHe, you don't fool me. You are a good guy and too damn good of a competitor! :lol: BTW, I am not going to make it to the SE div. at Nash., so go show me where I would have finished in STX.

BTW, those characters were talking about my attempt at mounting tires on wheels, not mounting them on a car. I did eight tires, but ................................................ never again!
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
MP5_57

Post by MP5_57 »

How does one fix toe out? can alignment shops do that?
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

Yes, any alignment shop can adjust toe.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
MP5_57

Too Low

Post by MP5_57 »

Well I finally went to get my car aligned.....today....and they said it was too low and they couldnt get it on their jacks.

I took it to BestOne.

My car is at least 5 inches off the ground.....

Any place around knoxville that can do an alignment on a Low car?
Jbgti

Post by Jbgti »

I just had my alignemnt and toe adjusted Monday at Matlocks and I sit close to the ground.
Last edited by Jbgti on Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
03' VW GTI 1.8T
20th Anniv. IY
STS # 33
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

I was pretty happy with LNS Motorsports. And, it is worth it to go there just to look at all of their race cars.
2013 WRX
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

I guess you are happy!!!! :shock: :evil:

:wink: :wink:
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
Budman

Post by Budman »

gbwrx wrote:I was pretty happy with LNS Motorsports. And, it is worth it to go there just to look at all of their race cars.
It felt weird bringing my beat up Saturn into that shop full of $100,000+ race cars, but they were good to go.
GySgt/USMC/Retired
Green 1996 Saturn SC-2
#94 STX