what channel is F1 on these days?

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
mrsoul55

what channel is F1 on these days?

Post by mrsoul55 »

I've missed the last 2 races and I never saw them as being rebroadcasted on Speed in the evening. I'm looking now for the race in Germany I think and it starts at 8am but isn't listed anywhere on our dish or on the Speed channel guide. Can someone please tell me where F1 races are on tv? The last one I saw was the Indy debacle. Thanks guys!
'02 Civic Si
HS #96
Brian

Post by Brian »

CBS has a few including todays but it's delayed until this afternoon. The rest are live on Speed.
Brian Hatten
AS 92
'11 CaymanS
///M3

Post by ///M3 »

If you missed the CBS coverage today (it probably sucked anyway) you can see SPEED's broadcast of it this Thursday night at midnight. When SPEED Channel re-runs races that CBS originally covered, they include everything - even what you normally would have missed during commercials. They also have expanded coverage of pre and post race events and more interviews than normal. It's the absolute best F1 coverage you can get - if you don't mind waiting 5 days (and can manage to stay away from the results until then!)

SPEED Channel Schedule
Shane Eudy
2009 President
Highlands Sports Car Club
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

CBS had 4 races this year. Hockenheim was the last one. I watched it on CBS but I absolutely HATE one of their announcers. He sounds like a complete moron. He was talking about adjusting Traction Control today and.... well I wanted to slap him. He said, "They have dials to adjust many different parameters like Traction Control instead of a horn and radio controls." Thank you. Because I was under the impression that Montoya was in there jamming to some classic rock. And couldn't hear because Schumacher was behind him beeping the damn horn too loud. Absolutely ZERO technical analysis. Oh man, I'm making myself so angry just thinking about. Anyway, remember to stay away from Wind Tunnel if you really don't wanna' know how it turned out.
Stephen Wilson

///M3

Post by ///M3 »

Steve-o wrote:...Anyway, remember to stay away from Wind Tunnel if you really don't wanna' know how it turned out.
And speedtv.com, message boards, etc. Hell, the last F1 race I tried to watch tape delayed was spoiled by the friggin' CNN crawl! :evil:
Shane Eudy
2009 President
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Steve-o wrote:"They have dials to adjust many different parameters like Traction Control instead of a horn and radio controls." Thank you. Because I was under the impression that Montoya was in there jamming to some classic rock. And couldn't hear because Schumacher was behind him beeping the damn horn too loud.
roffle.

You ever watch soccer on pay-per-view or something? Same thing

Announcer: "OMG he kicked the ball!!!! What a good kick!!!! He bounced the ball off of his head!!!!"
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
steverife

Post by steverife »

I usually don't watch motorsports on television, but I watched a bit the yesterday. I don't see how you guys watch that stuff. In the 30 or so minutes I watched, I don't think I saw one pass. The shows on Home & Garden channel are more action packed. At least in NASCAR, they crash into each other and get into fights/arguments.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

I try to watch WRC, but they don't put the shit on TV too much and it is hard to catch. It has a lot of action, crashes, and good commentating

"3 right dont cut, 250, 2 right tightens into 4 left opens long"
Chris Harp
steverife

Post by steverife »

thrdeye wrote:I try to watch WRC, but they don't put the shit on TV too much and it is hard to catch. It has a lot of action, crashes, and good commentating

"3 right dont cut, 250, 2 right tightens into 4 left opens long"
That stuff might be worse than F1. :lol: Watch the dash bounce around for a bit, then show someone hitting a wheel with a big hammer, then interview some guy with an accent, repeat --- then after 30 minutes show some results while playing fast paced music.

I guess I'm just not a motorsports fan.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

not cbring wrote:I guess I'm just not a motorsports fan.
How did Tony put it in the other thread? "You're gay"? :lol:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
steverife

Post by steverife »

MARKP wrote:
not cbring wrote:I guess I'm just not a motorsports fan.
How did Tony put it in the other thread? "You're gay"? :lol:
:lol:

I can watch NASCAR and halfway follow it, I used to watch Trans Am back when I knew when and where it came on, and I love watching stuff like the Runoffs. I just can't identify with the international stuff.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

MARKP wrote: How did Tony put it in the other thread? "You're gay"? :lol:
DAMN!!! Pilson be hatin' deez days.
Chris Harp
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

thrdeye wrote:
MARKP wrote: How did Tony put it in the other thread? "You're gay"? :lol:
DAMN!!! Pilson be hatin' deez days.
I just decided to join in the fun lately. :fight: :mrgreen:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
///M3

Post by ///M3 »

not cbring wrote:...I don't see how you guys watch that stuff. In the 30 or so minutes I watched, I don't think I saw one pass...
Passing is rare in Formula 1. It's just the nature of the sport. It's definitely an acquired taste - you either like it or you don't. I imagine that F1 probably doesn't have many casual fan, compared to NASCAR which is mostly casual fans. With that said, yesterday's race was, in my opinion, one of, if not the best F1 races I've ever seen :!: (I've only been watching since 2000.)

The CBS broadcast did suck, though not as much as I honestly expected. At least Derek Daily was nowhere to be seen :D
Shane Eudy
2009 President
steverife

Post by steverife »

///M3 wrote:With that said, yesterday's race was, in my opinion, one of, if not the best F1 races I've ever seen :!:
I was so enthralled that I quit watching when I stumbled across some random bowling match from about 5 years ago on ESPN Classic.

edit: I'm just messing around. For me, a bunch of cars that I can't diffentiate driven by people I've never heard of not passing each other is boring. I'm sure it's much better if you really follow the sport.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97