So who wants to help me start a racing TV channel?

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
thrdeye

So who wants to help me start a racing TV channel?

Post by thrdeye »

Speed -WRC coverage = mucho sucko!
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
steverife

Post by steverife »

Now if they can only get rid of that F1 crap, it'll be a good channel! :P
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

The name of the new channel will be

"Turnrightandmashthebrakesvision"
Chris Harp
Brian

Post by Brian »

I'm down! I'm sick of NASCARTV.
Brian Hatten
AS 92
'11 CaymanS
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

Brian wrote:I'm down! I'm sick of NASCARTV.
I 2nd that. All you see on Speed is basically NASCAR. :roll: :roll: Don't get me wrong I don't dislike NASCAR but all they play is something related to it.
2013 WRX
Scuffcakes

Post by Scuffcakes »

I'd even go so far as to say that I can't stand NASCAR. I've stopped even looking to see what's on SPEED any more. If it's not NASCAR it's drag racing. Guess it's the thing to watch if you're having trouble sleeping.

edit- I did happen to see some of the Runoffs and there was some coverage of the Star Mazda series so it's not totally bad I guess.
David Guffey
97 Miata - STS #40
99 Miata - Nicest beater I've ever had
88 4Runner - Trusty, rusty trail-sled
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

not cbring wrote:Now if they can only get rid of that F1 crap, it'll be a good channel! :P

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Stephen Wilson

steverife

Post by steverife »

I like the trailer racing and the figure 8 racing and anything alse where there is a good chance of someone crashing into someone else.....like Runoffs. :lol:
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
ChuckM

Turnrightandmashthebrakesvision"

Post by ChuckM »

OK, I admit I like "Pinks" but I sure wish it would go back to the way
it was before Fox News bought it. They said it would be a balance between
Nascar and all the other niche types of road racing and car shows...of course that never happened, so much for fair and balanced programming.

Chuck Moore
Leadfoot

Re: So who wants to help me start a racing TV channel?

Post by Leadfoot »

thrdeye wrote:Speed -WRC coverage = mucho sucko!
Yep. They do a good job with F1, covering the practice, qualifying, and race, but WRC only gets an hour and a half of highlights.

I don't care if they have 22 hours/day of NASCAR if that's what it takes to get decent WRC and F1 coverage.
Jbgti

Post by Jbgti »

I love Nascar. The channel suites me just fine :P
03' VW GTI 1.8T
20th Anniv. IY
STS # 33
dfoulk

Post by dfoulk »

F1 in 2005 was more interesting than it has been in years. WRC in 2006 may or may not be interesting. Peugot, Citroen, and Mitsubishi have all dropped out for 2006. Ford, Skoda, and maybe Subaru will have factory teams but all others will be privateer teams which means old cars for them. Depending on the privateers' finances and behind the scenes factory support, it may be a dull season. I hope Marko Martin has recovered enough mentally from the death of his co-driver in an accident to continue this year.

Dewey
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

dfoulk wrote:F1 in 2005 was more interesting than it has been in years. WRC in 2006 may or may not be interesting. Peugot, Citroen, and Mitsubishi have all dropped out for 2006. Ford, Skoda, and maybe Subaru will have factory teams but all others will be privateer teams which means old cars for them. Depending on the privateers' finances and behind the scenes factory support, it may be a dull season. I hope Marko Martin has recovered enough mentally from the death of his co-driver in an accident to continue this year.

Dewey
Ford and Subaru will be the only "true" factory teams. But there will still be Citroen (TOTAL, Kronos), Peugeot (OMV), and Skoda (Red Bull).

Sebastian Loeb is still driving for the privateer Citroen team, so yes, they will be hauling some ass.

There is really no way to see any rallying this year, aside from the website.

SPIKE TV should pick it up.
Chris Harp
dfoulk

Post by dfoulk »

You must be more up to date than I. I hope Spike TV does pick up WRC. Marcus Gronholm is driving for Ford this year in a Focus and I would like to watch it. I suscribe to the WRC email newsletters. I can forward you the link to suscribe the next time I receive an email from them if you do not already receive them.

Dewey
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Dewey,

Check out the "teams" page on www.wrc.com

I supscribed to their newsletter for a while, but I rather go to the site and look at the info.
Chris Harp