An AUTO-X site with potential

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
ImpressvRS

An AUTO-X site with potential

Post by ImpressvRS »

:idea: I just got back from scoping out a nice parking lot. It's a bit messy,(some litter here and there) but it's about the same size as William Blount. On the real PLUS side, the pavement is in top shape, nowhere near as bad as the cheese-grater surface of the WB. It's the Bearden High School Vocational parking lot. I was there skulking about for around thirty minutes at about 12:00 noon. There were no cars parked in the lot and had I had my digital camera, I would have snapped a few pics. NOW MY QUESTION. Has anyone ever looked into using this lot for an event? If the outlook for using it looks good, I'll take the time to go snap a few shots to post on the board.[/b]
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
STS 70
whenry

Post by whenry »

Not exactly sure where that lot is but it may be something worth checking out. Give us more info.
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

I looked at an aeral photo and think I found it. It measured about 450' X 150' which is a bit smaller than WB but didn't appear to have obstructions.

We'll take a look. Anyone know the principal or other powers at Bearden High?
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
ImpressvRS

Post by ImpressvRS »

Having graduated from there, I know of the former principle. I think the current principle is Mary Lou Kanipe. Bearden High is located off of Gallaher View Road. The parking lot is beside the football stadium and on a slight incline. As far as staging areas go, we'd be cramped.
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
STS 70