WTB: Used tarz

Items Wanted, Forsale, or For Trade
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

mrsoul55 wrote:Don't buy them, Steve. You really need R compounds for GS!
Yup.

You should talk to this guy I know about some V710s. He goes by Carpenter. You have to keep it quiet, though. He has a few laying around.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Budman

Post by Budman »

Steve-o wrote:I think I'm gonna buy 'em. Sorry Budman! :twisted:

Oh and Lee's area code is 865... isn't it? Or 423... one of the two.
Ok...I admit it...you have me all confused, not that it is hard to accomplish that! :lol:

You said you are going to buy the Azenis, but you are going to call Lee???Lee isn't who has the Azenis for sale....he has the R comps. Jesse was saying that a friend of his over in the TRSCCA area has the Azenis for sale. I'm not following why you are calling Lee if you are getting the Azenis....can you clarify for me? :?

I also agree that if you are running in GS that R-compunds would serve you much better! That and I want the Falken Azenis!!! :twisted:
GySgt/USMC/Retired
Green 1996 Saturn SC-2
#94 STX
steverife

Post by steverife »

...besides, I thought you were going to buy a car that sucked a little bit less. :P
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

superfreakcargeek wrote:I'm in the same boat way over in trscca, sorry to hijack but I've been tracking Lee's tires on ebay for a while, what's his area code?

That's the bit about Lee.

I'm more that willing to get some R comps but the guy that I'm supposed to be getting wheels from keeps flaking on me. :evil: Yeah... I suppose that it IS better to let Budman have the Azenis' so I can get Rs. The rub is that I'm poor and most of my money goes to... frosty beverages.
not cbring wrote:...besides, I thought you were going to buy a car that sucked a little bit less.
Yeah... me too... :cry: But once again... I am poor. I had a Cosworth 190E lined up but about 3 weeks ago the guy broke his water pump... didn't notice... engine = toast. :cry:
Stephen Wilson

superfreakcargeek

Post by superfreakcargeek »

I know we're trying to keep it quiet, but who's this carpenter guy with the 710's? Somebody pm me an email or something.

Also, I wanted to warn steve-o, I used azenis's on the maxima last season in size 205-50-15, thier load rating is only like an 87, which means the max load is only about 1100 pounds, not enough for a car as heavy as mine. I had to pump them up to 60 psi to keep them off the sidewalls, and the max pressure is about 50 psi, so that's really dangerous. I know Mercedes are traditionally pretty heavy cars, you might ought to look into stepping up to a less common 225 width, and save yourself the heartache of finding out that the tires you dropped a lot of (or just a little) money into are not up to the task.

Let me know how the hunt goes, and good luck

ps: GS is looking like kind of a boring class this season at trscca, my main competitor is going to switch classes, you ought to show up at our first event March 5, we run nice fast courses that bigger cars can do well on.
Last edited by superfreakcargeek on Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
GS 13
96 Nissan Maxima black (the only good color)

mods:
Used KYB AGX shocks
K&N drop in air filter
2 (used) Azenis's mounted on front with junkyard wheels
steverife

Post by steverife »

superfreakcargeek wrote:I know we're trying to keep it quiet, but who's this carpenter guy with the 710's? Somebody pm me an email or something.
I can't talk. It's a Chattanooga Mafia thing.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

What did you decide to do, steve-o?
'02 Civic Si
HS #96
dfoulk

Post by dfoulk »

superfreakcargeek wrote:Also, I wanted to warn steve-o, I used azenis's on the maxima last season in size 205-50-15, thier load rating is only like an 87, which means the max load is only about 1100 pounds, not enough for a car as heavy as mine. I had to pump them up to 60 psi to keep them off the sidewalls, and the max pressure is about 50 psi, so that's really dangerous. I know Mercedes are traditionally pretty heavy cars, you might ought to look into stepping up to a less common 225 width, and save yourself the heartache of finding out that the tires you dropped a lot of (or just a little) money into are not up to the task.
The Azenis RT 615 in a 205-50-15 is a load range 90 (1323 lbs) and is $85 at www.tires.com .

Dewey
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

Well I have a guy that will sell me a set of wheels with some crap street tarz for $100. Guess I could do burnouts for fun... I'll probably do it. After that, I'll take whatever R's I can find. As long as they ain't popping cords on 'em, I'll take whatever ya got as long as I can fit it on a 6"x15" rim.
Stephen Wilson