Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
steverife

Azenis RT615's

Post by steverife »

Are they supposed to smell so bad? Image
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Yeah, I always sniff my tires to make sure they are safe. You obviously have a bad batch. I recommend spraying them down with some White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor.

Seriously, WTF are you doing.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
steverife

Post by steverife »

I had them shipped to my parents place and my dad called me and said, "Come get these damn things, they smell horrible, I can't even go in my workshop any more." He'd never complained about the Victoracers or V710's I had shipped there.

He was right. They stink. I might have to rethink the whole "store inside" thing I usually do.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
DaeWooHoo

Post by DaeWooHoo »

i'm willing to bet it's the release chemical from the factory moldings. if they feel kinda slimy or greasy... it's that for sure.

azenis tires are known for the goo on them and it's a chemical sealer, so smelling nasty is part of it.
MichaelXi

Post by MichaelXi »

:roll:
Mine sat in the garage prior to use.
I never noticed enough odor to bother commenting.
Yeah, they smell like tires, but nothing unique.
:lol:
Focus on FASTER!!!!
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

thrdeye wrote:Seriously, WTF are you doing.
I'm just genuinely surprised he's not complaining that they are are round, black, and have a hole on each side of them. :roll:
steverife

Post by steverife »

TonyBolton wrote:
thrdeye wrote:Seriously, WTF are you doing.
I'm just genuinely surprised he's not complaining that they are are round, black, and have a hole on each side of them. :roll:
Okay, Mr. it isn't any fun if I have to leave Loudon and then stand up for a few minutes.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
steverife

Post by steverife »

MichaelXi wrote: Yeah, they smell like tires, but nothing unique.
:lol:
They don't smell like tires, they smell like SHIT! ...like they were made from compost.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

not cbring wrote: Okay, Mr. it isn't any fun if I have to leave Loudon and then stand up for a few minutes.
roffle
Chris Harp
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

not cbring wrote:Okay, Mr. it isn't any fun if I have to leave Loudon and then stand up for a few minutes.
I leave Loudon......I hafto, there's nothing here.

Well, why don't you bring one of your friends with you so he/she can "stand in" for me when it's my turn to work, since it's such a blast and all. Ask them if they'll pay for my gas, and drive my truck down there for me too!!!!! It'd be a win/win deal for them in your eyes.

FWIW, don't open your gas tank cap, it probably smells like gas in there!! Ewwww...stinky-poo!! :lol:
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

It's only another 45 minutes to Atlanta over Nashville.
Chris Harp
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

TonyBolton wrote:Well, why don't you bring one of your friends with you so he/she can "stand in" for me when it's my turn to work, since it's such a blast and all. Ask them if they'll pay for my gas, and drive my truck down there for me too!!!!! It'd be a win/win deal for them in your eyes.
I've got an even better deal for you. Give me the keys to the car and truck and I will drive it down, do the work, and drive the car. I might even put gas back in the car before I bring it back.

That way you don't have to leave Loudon. :lol:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

thrdeye wrote:It's only another 45 minutes to Atlanta over Nashville.
I bitch about the Nashville drive. :wink:

It's just autocross you guys. You act like i'm missing out 0% home loans, 100% matching 401K's and free wings at HOOTER's or something! GEEZ!
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

MARKP wrote:I've got an even better deal for you. Give me the keys to the car and truck and I will drive it down, do the work, and drive the car. I might even put gas back in the car before I bring it back.
I would be sure to wire the TRACTION CONTROL mode on 100% of the time, just for you! :)

But alas, we are getting OFF TOPIC here guys! Cbring has an extreme emergency here. His autox only street tires are smelly! Now if he could just find his tampons, that'd be one less problem to hafta deal with. :cry:
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

TonyBolton wrote: It's just autocross you guys. You act like i'm missing out 0% home loans, 100% matching 401K's and free wings at HOOTER's or something! GEEZ!
That stuff sucks compared to the divisional. I think you would agree IF YOU WOULD GIVE IT A CHANCE.
Chris Harp