new to the region, thought Id introduce myself

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Mindspin13B

new to the region, thought Id introduce myself

Post by Mindspin13B »

Hey all,

My name is Justin and Im an engineering student from Virginia Tech but I will be heading down to your region in May to work at John Deere in Greeneville for a year as a co-op student. I drive an 1989 RX7 Turbo which is unfortunately modded for SM2. Ive only done one event in the BRR region but plan on attending as many as possible down there since it seems many events will be close to me. So, just wanted to stop in and say Hi and I hope to see you soon.

A quick pic of my car:

01badz28

Post by 01badz28 »

Welcome to the jungle!

Could be worse, you could have a Camaro 'modified' for SM! :lol:
Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3
Mindspin13B

Post by Mindspin13B »

Well, the previous owner has a boost controller and upgraded turbo on it, even tho its still running stock boost, for now haha. Oh well, Im just trying to become a better driver right now, not looking to win championships.
MarshallMX5

Post by MarshallMX5 »

Awwright another SM2 car on street tires! We can form our own sub-class: STSM2 :?
'92 Miata #27 SM2
Scuffcakes

Post by Scuffcakes »

Are ya boosted now Marshall? I was hopin' you'd stick around STS2 for a little while.
David Guffey
97 Miata - STS #40
99 Miata - Nicest beater I've ever had
88 4Runner - Trusty, rusty trail-sled
MarshallMX5

Post by MarshallMX5 »

No, but everything is done except for the downpipe. (and the rest of the exhaust, but that isn't needed to race right? :twisted:) I'm glad I did all the other stuff myself because it's just sitting at the fabricator's now not being touched because he's busy with some slow piece of crap with a "hemi". :roll:
:wink:
'92 Miata #27 SM2
Mindspin13B

Post by Mindspin13B »

Turbo miatas are the shit.
tscott

Post by tscott »

Good to see you made it over. I was the one on the RX-7 board that sent you here.
Tyler Scott
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

Welcome to the ETR and G'Vegas. Since most of the autocrosses are going to be at Smoky's Stadium we'll be meeting up at Hardee's for some sweet T (elixer of speed :wink: ) and bisquets. Then convoy up to Sevierville. You're welcome to join us.
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
Mindspin13B

Post by Mindspin13B »

CABoegemann wrote:Welcome to the ETR and G'Vegas. Since most of the autocrosses are going to be at Smoky's Stadium we'll be meeting up at Hardee's for some sweet T (elixer of speed :wink: ) and bisquets. Then convoy up to Sevierville. You're welcome to join us.
Sounds good man, I start June 1st, so Ill be at the next event after that.
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

CABoegemann wrote:Since most of the autocrosses are going to be at Smoky's Stadium
Ouch! I didn't realize that until just now. That's makes for a long drive back to Atlanta! :(
'02 Civic Si
HS #96
Mindspin13B

Post by Mindspin13B »

mrsoul55 wrote:
CABoegemann wrote:Since most of the autocrosses are going to be at Smoky's Stadium
Ouch! I didn't realize that until just now. That's makes for a long drive back to Atlanta! :(
You dont run with BMWCCA?
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

Mindspin13B wrote:
mrsoul55 wrote:
You dont run with BMWCCA?
Nope. The ETR is the best place to race. More competition, better folks, and a whole lot more fun. I occasionally run a Nashville event, S.E. Divisional, or National Tour, but only if some ETR folks are going. Everybodies tight in the ETR and if we don't have a great big time it's never for lack of trying.

Besides, BMWCCA people don't really claim us MINI drivers. Too fast I guess. :lol:
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
Imprezivblue

Post by Imprezivblue »

Justin is in the Virginia Tech Car Club with me and is a really nice, stand up guy. :)
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
Tara Knoll
37 STX
MichaelXi

Post by MichaelXi »

Welcome to our Region! 8)
Don't be afraid to come down to the other events in Knoxville, as those sites can be pretty darn good.
It's Not Atlanta or Nashville, but I've seen some of the sites that your Region uses, and I THINK you'll like what we have here.
:)
Focus on FASTER!!!!