Comcast (3-7-2004) Results Posted

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
disneyd
Site Admin

Comcast (3-7-2004) Results Posted

Post by disneyd »

Results are posted

If you navigate through the web site to get to them, you will probably need to click "refresh" in your browser, as your browser may have cached the old page. Just go to the Solo II page and click refresh before you click the Event Results link.
- Dave Disney
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

HMMMM. I COULD HAVE SWORN I RAN YESTERDAY.....

MAYBE I WAS DREAMIN...
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

John, I just updated the results with your times, since you changed cars during the event, you weren't in the computer in Robert's car.

Also, if you looked at the times right after I initially posted them, you may notice a big change... the computer was set for no penalty for cones. I put the 2 second penalty in and it changed the results around a bit.
- Dave Disney
Williampreza

Post by Williampreza »

Hmm.. a mass exodus from STX into.... MY CLASS! :?
Will Lavender
#44 HS Nissan Frontier?
exhacker

Post by exhacker »

Williampreza wrote:Hmm.. a mass exodus from STX into.... MY CLASS! :?
Actually, it's Tony's class, for the moment.... 8)
`08 Subaru Impreza WRX 5-Door Sport Wagon 5MT (Obsidian Black Pearl)
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Well, I was pretty content until you figured those cones in.
:evil:
AARRRGH!!!

I wasn't pleased with my driving yesterday. I guess it has a lot to do with things that have changed over the winter (brakes, wheel size and tire pressure, etc.) that I haven't adapted to. Maybe the rust just needs to wear off.

At some point last season I would run about 2+ seconds behind "the tiger" fairly consistently. yesterday, I was waaaay off.

Anyway, maybe you pros can learn me somethin' at the skool.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

Well, ye old Tiger changed his tires :twisted:

Hey Tony, what did you think about those 710s?
- Dave Disney
tscott

Post by tscott »

I think the Tiger was definitely on his game yesterday. Must be them new Kumhos.
Tyler Scott
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

tscott wrote:I think the Tiger was definitely on his game yesterday. Must be them new Kumhos.
Yup, congrats to Tony. I got whooped yesterday. That's what I get for bringing a slingshot to a bazooka fight. That won't happen again. Look for the .22 pistol at the next event. :twisted:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
ConeJunkie

Post by ConeJunkie »

Easy guy's your going to make Tony's head explode. He can handle only so much of people saying he did well. :mrgreen:
I am so good I will race you and only use one hand.
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

HAHAHAA!

You guys kill me........i think everyone just had an OFF day, and I managed to pull one outta my ass somehow.

I think that the cost/wear factor of the new 710s' really makes me concentrate on driving more consistent and smooth, rather than whipping it around and what not. I mean, i dont wanna be payin for tires every 5 events!

All in all, i did well.......figured i had the big bad Hurst-mobile beat.....how much he get me by? 5-thousandths?! OWNED! :(

I had fun, makes me feel all the things i did over the off season have paid off. Didnt even add 1hp to the car, just more weight! Maybe i have JOHN BROWN SYNDROME!? Add weight, go faster!
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

oh, and to comment on the 710's..........by my 2nd/3rd run, they were "worth the money". After the first run i was scratching my head a little bit.

Once heated, they really seemed to have some good corner stability, even with me running 25psi in the rear and 28 in the front. However, the straight line acceleration seemed more "good street tire-ish", i felt that i should've been able to come out of the start/launch a bit harder.

If i can get 7-10 events on these tires and still have them perform well, ill deffinetly buy them again.
Leadfoot

Re: Comcast (3-7-2004) Results Posted

Post by Leadfoot »

disneyd wrote:Results are posted
Thanks. Any chance we could see the raw scores (all three times)? Or, at least my three times? I forgot to check the time display on my first two runs and they weren't announcing them on the radio for the third run group.

AS 29
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

[quote="thrdeye"]

I wasn't pleased with my driving yesterday. I guess it has a lot to do with things that have changed over the winter (brakes, wheel size and tire pressure, etc.) that I haven't adapted to. Maybe the rust just needs to wear off.

quote]

I felt rusty also. And adapting to some decent tires was kind of hard but very nice.
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

I'd like to thank Dave for getting the results posted up ASAP. I like being able to check them out while im at work the next day. THANKS DAVE!