Report from DC Pro

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
FastechCliff

Report from DC Pro

Post by FastechCliff »

Just wanted to let everyone know how ETR is doing up at the DC Pro Solo this weekend. Course is pretty fun and challenging. Weather is as hot and muggy as it is back home.

Doug Allen is currently in 2nd in STS. He fought back from 4th place from this mornings runs to close up on Corey Ridgick.

Mark Pilson is currently in 5th place in STS2. The class is pretty darn tough this weekend with both Andy Hollis and James Feinberg running.

Robert Carpenter is leading ES by .075 over Mark Davis from Atlanta. Unfortunately, Robert had a bad spin through the finish of his last run on the right course. The car started to spin left but then snap spun to the right as he tried to catch it. The car hit a lightpole that was off to the left of course. Robert is ok, but the car is in pretty bad shape. The RR wheel was torn off the hub as it clipped to pole. Rear bumper is smashed up pretty bad and there is a lot of damage to the sheet metal on that corner. The suspension is pretty much destroyed.

We'll try and get some pics of the car up tonight as soon as I can. More info to come.
awdbandito

Post by awdbandito »

Owww, thats rough for Robert, which car was he in?
ddillow

Post by ddillow »

awdbandito wrote:Owww, thats rough for Robert, which car was he in?
Given that he's running ES, I'd bet on the MR2. :(

I'm sorry to hear about the car, but I'm glad Robert's O.K.
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Wow. I hate to hear that. Best wishes to Robert.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

:shock: Robert is ok I think, physically anyway. Hope a few beers help him. As a matter a fact I think I might have a few. :)
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

Glad to hear Robert is O.K. and no course workers were hurt. Cars can be fixed, just don't make that car any faster. :D

I wonder if he'll be able to co-drive another ES car to finish the event? If so, five bucks says he keeps the lead. He's REALLY fast when he's mad.
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

This was a practical (or unpractical) joke on Mark McCrary. No wreck - or at least that is what I am told assuming one can trust anyone anymore. Mark was informed this morning.

It rained today and the standings didn't change for our guys. Robert won ES, Doug took second, and others "also competed".
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
Tyler H

Post by Tyler H »

wow...how rumors travel...I heard this from three different people today. :?

Being an MR2, it wasn't hard to believe it. :wink: I sincerely hope it was really a joke. This post made me want to have a few beers, too.
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

All I am going to say is, Haha that was funny, glad they hard there fun at my expense. :roll:
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

Mark McCrary wrote:All I am going to say is, Haha that was funny, glad they hard there fun at my expense. :roll:
You still got some FREE NASCAR Bristol tickets for sale?!?!?!?!! :)
valleyvwman

Post by valleyvwman »

You fargin' bastages! Avery and I were on site today watching the "Challenge" event...everytime we asked about "our buddy who crashed on Saturday" people looked at us like we were freakin' crazy!

We saw Thompson run and spoke with him as he was loading up to go home. The eliminations format was pretty neat. Avery is gonna be up here for six weeks or so and will compete in at least one of the local autox events (show 'em how we do it down in Knoxvegas!).

Glad Robert wasn't hurt and NOW I'm glad the car wasn't damaged...can I bum a ride or two in it as an E/Stock competitor? (Avery has our ride up here in DC for the next two events...) For a ride on Sunday, I'll gladly pay you Tuesday...
Last edited by valleyvwman on Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg Fetner
Lou Don, TN
'87 944 E/S
'86 944 turbo F'N/Mod
assorted others

Daddy was a mechanic...It would have been nice if he was a doctor, but, then, we probably would have been 'sick' all the time instead of wrenchin' on these cars...
steverife

Post by steverife »

Make sure Avery is on his toes about getting registered. Registration up there supposedly fills up within minutes.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Avery

Post by Avery »

YEa they were talkin about that today. They said to be online at 8 on the dot to sign up. And they usually have bout 250 competitors... :shock:
Avery

87 944 ES 8
steverife

Post by steverife »

They tell you about the Autocrossers, Inc. events?
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
rocracing2001

Post by rocracing2001 »

I want to say that I am sorry, and this will not happen again. We did have a good time in DC, but when you add beer its not a good thing. I guess this just shows that we did not have enough to do. Thank you for all the people that said I hope I was ok.

I also want to say to Mark that I am sorry and it was real hard to drive the car on Sunday, because of the rain and the course was a little scary. I look forward to seeing everyone in Atlanta and I will bring beer but will not drink beer. I did not intend to hurt or worry anybody. I hope you will except my deepest apology. :oops:

Robert Carpenter