Solo II Driver's School On-Line Registration

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Leadfoot

Post by Leadfoot »

Will we be breaking long enough to go out for lunch or should I pack one?
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

Lunch is provided on Saturday -- You are on your own Sunday. Since there isn't anything real close, you might consider bringing something on Sunday.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

I believe your car goes to DSP. You don't want to run ASP unless you like running against Z06 Corvettes. :D

Your mods are a little closer to those in STS but I don't think you can run the larger throttle body in STS.

None of this will really matter for the school since this is more for learning than competition. However, if you feel the need to compete with some of your fellow classmates, there is nothing wrong with that.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

I was looking at the school registration lists for students and workers and I just wanted to be sure that everyone was on the correct lists. I thought some people had stated they wanted to work that were on the student list. You might want to double check your registration to be sure you are on the correct list.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

Im still doing the TEHCING/WORKING/INSTRUCTING/WHATEVER on Saturday.......just will hafta take a leave of absence on Sunday.
burnin2

Post by burnin2 »

I?d like to come and watch or help out as a worker this Saturday. Is there some page I have to sign up for? Or can I just show up and help out?
MichaelXi

Post by MichaelXi »

burnin2 wrote:I?d like to come and watch or help out as a worker this Saturday. Is there some page I have to sign up for? Or can I just show up and help out?
I'll let someone else field the "Show up and Help out" question, but for This "School Event", there is a Link on page one of this thread I believe. Wherever the Registration is, it gives an Option for "Worker" or "Participant" or however it's worded.
:)
Focus on FASTER!!!!
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

burnin2 wrote:I?d like to come and watch or help out as a worker this Saturday. Is there some page I have to sign up for? Or can I just show up and help out?
You probably would want to contact Robert to find out if you can just show up and work. He is putting on the event. See this link http://www.etrscca.org/sccaforum/viewtopic.php?t=270
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
burnin2

Post by burnin2 »

thank's, i called him and left a message that i wanted to help aout at the school tommorow.
Williampreza

Post by Williampreza »

Can't make it out for the race today. My tires just won't last long enough for the rest of the season if I keep running at WB :(

On the other hand, the school was incredible! Thanks to the instructors, especially Robert, for the expert advice (I dropped more than 2 seconds off my best morning run), and the workers who donated their time. May your runs today be fast and frequent! 8)
Will Lavender
#44 HS Nissan Frontier?
dfsmith

Post by dfsmith »

Yes, a BIG 'thank you' to Robert for putting together this event, and to the instructors and workers for making it happen. And thanks to Mark and Robert for your input and advice, and for showing me there's still more speed to be squeezed out of the GTI. I had a lot of fun and learned a ton!
Dave Smith

'09 Honda Accord LX-P (daily beater/greyhound bus)
'08 Ford Ranger XL (parts & manure hauler)
'74 Porsche 914 (perpetual project car)
JW

Post by JW »

Last edited by JW on Thu May 14, 2015 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

JW wrote: My tires absolutely LOVED the surface at WBHS. :)
Running a little negative camber, are we?
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
JW

Post by JW »

Last edited by JW on Thu May 14, 2015 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
LeadSSled

Post by LeadSSled »

I also want to thank the ETR experts for their excellent instruction last weekend. This was one of the best $50 that I've ever spent. After watching Mark Pilson wheel the LeadSSled around the the course in 45.6 seconds on his 2nd attempt, it's confirmed that I am the limitation, not the car. I've got a lot to learn.

BTW - My tires did NOT like the surface. The "new last November" rubber probably lost 10,000 miles on Saturday and Sunday. :shock:
But it sure was fun, and educational.
Terry Kehne
SCCA #337340
1996 Impala SS - not stock SM96
2005 Dodge Magnum RT - bone stock
1997 VW Passat TDI - Sprint 520 nozzles, Stage 2 RocketChip tune
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Cummins

I drive a hybrid - it burns both gas and rubber.