Solo II Driver's School On-Line Registration

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
steverife

Post by steverife »

thanks for the event guys. the seat time and instruction is much appreciated and i think i probably got my $50 worth just in Subway cookies :lol:
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

LeadSSled wrote: BTW - My tires did NOT like the surface. The "new last November" rubber probably lost 10,000 miles on Saturday and Sunday. :shock:
But it sure was fun, and educational.
Yeah, I don't think any of us were happy about having to run the school there but that was the only pavement we could get for both days that had the room we needed.

Terry,I had a blast driving the SS. The car is much more nimble than it's size would have you think.

I hope everyone learned a bunch and I'm sure any of the instructors would be happy to answer questions at other events as long as we aren't in the middle of getting ready to run or something.

Big thanks to all the workers! You guys did a great job and we couldn't have done this without you.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
LeadSSled

Post by LeadSSled »

MARKP wrote:Terry,I had a blast driving the SS. The car is much more nimble than it's size would have you think.
Mark - You are welcome to drive my car during the fun runs at any event. The only disclaimer is that I get to be co-pilot so that I can learn better technique from watching you at work.

Terry
Terry Kehne
SCCA #337340
1996 Impala SS - not stock SM96
2005 Dodge Magnum RT - bone stock
1997 VW Passat TDI - Sprint 520 nozzles, Stage 2 RocketChip tune
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Cummins

I drive a hybrid - it burns both gas and rubber.
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

LeadSSled wrote:
MARKP wrote:Terry,I had a blast driving the SS. The car is much more nimble than it's size would have you think.
Mark - You are welcome to drive my car during the fun runs at any event. The only disclaimer is that I get to be co-pilot so that I can learn better technique from watching you at work.

Terry
Be careful, I might take you up on that. :twisted:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
LeadSSled

Post by LeadSSled »

Mark - It's an open invitation - No problem. I don't have to worry about the car in your hands; It's obvious that you know how to wheel that beaSSt around. You may even be able to give some hints on tire pressures, shock settings, etc.
Terry Kehne
SCCA #337340
1996 Impala SS - not stock SM96
2005 Dodge Magnum RT - bone stock
1997 VW Passat TDI - Sprint 520 nozzles, Stage 2 RocketChip tune
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Cummins

I drive a hybrid - it burns both gas and rubber.
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

LeadSSled wrote:Mark - It's an open invitation - No problem. I don't have to worry about the car in your hands; It's obvious that you know how to wheel that beaSSt around. You may even be able to give some hints on tire pressures, shock settings, etc.
You must not have seen them w/ Mark's Miata last year at the Bristol Bash. I think everyone there had a time listed on a board for his car. :lol: :lol:

Thanks everyone for the event. I didnt knock much time off but learned a lot of stuff that I need to work on and look for which will really help me in the future. Thanks to all of the instructors and the workers that I personally felt really sorry for having to stand in the same place for so long.
Leadfoot

Post by Leadfoot »

Thanks to everyone who made it possible: Robert, instructors (esp. Mark McCrary), and workers. For a group of competitors, you all sure are friendly and helpful.

My times didn't improve a lot, but I still feel like I learned quite a bit. I felt faster, and I think once I'm better able to apply everything, I'll see some real improvement.
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

I'de like to thank Robert, all of the instructors, and all of the volunteer workers. It was very well done.

My ride along instructor was Mark M. After riding along with Mark at the wheel, of my car, for three runs and getting a few pointers, I took about 2.5 seconds off of my base time. Thanks Mark.

If you haven't taken one of these schools and are wondering if it's worth it, I'd say it is not only worth it, I can't think of a single way anyone could spend $50. and improve their autocross times any more.

I hope we do get some fun runs this year because Robert didn't drive mine yet. I'm looking forward to that. Of course, I'll need to ride along. You may never have to bring your own car to a regional again.

Thanks again,
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

I would like to thank all of the volunteer workers. My job was fun. I had to suck chucking cones in the sun.
Chris H. sorry that I could not help you out better than I did. If you ever or anyone for that matter wants to ride with me to see what line I take you all are more than welcome to ride on one of my runs. I might try to run the last one by myself but I am find with any before.
Hope all of the students learned something to help them in the future.
Great Job Robert.
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

I'll ride on an early run!
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
CathDoc

Post by CathDoc »

Man, that was a BLAST! Too bad I have to work some wekends - I never wanna miss on e of these again! Zoom Zoom!

Thanks to everybody who put this together - It was great. I apologize for bailing on the cleanup but I was already late :( Make it up next time! :)

BTW - WHen is next time! (Actually I am on call)

AGAIN!
AGAIN!
AGAIN!
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Mark McCrary wrote:Chris H. sorry that I could not help you out better than I did.
No big deal dude....the car you are used to driving and my car are totally different....it is understandable....

WRX - AWD, 280HP, 3100lbs.

Miata - RWD, 140(?)HP, 2300lbs.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
OvenMitts

Post by OvenMitts »

Just like everyone else said, a big whopping Thanks to everyone there. I shaved off a whopping 6 seconds! :D
If you need workers for the next one, I'd be glad to help if I'm able.
Matt Tomlinson
1996 Subenstein
2002 Golf TDI
Jbgti

Post by Jbgti »

thrdeye wrote:
Mark McCrary wrote:Chris H. sorry that I could not help you out better than I did.

WRX - AWD, 280HP, 3100lbs.

Miata - RWD, 140(?)HP, 2300lbs.
That's not ricer math now is it? :shock:

I had a blast at the event last weekend. Eventhough you can still cook on my head it is so burned! The worst part is that my eyes must hav gotten sun burned because they are still watery and hurt like hell and are hard to keep open.I guess that's what I get for working for over 6 hours in the sun.

Thanks guys for the kind words for working. Yeah it sucked! But well worth it on Sun when I actually got to run. I didn't ask alot of questions because I didn't pay for the school but still learned alot from watching and listening. Thanks!
03' VW GTI 1.8T
20th Anniv. IY
STS # 33