ATTN School Participants/Workers. Need class Magnetics?

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
thrdeye

ATTN School Participants/Workers. Need class Magnetics?

Post by thrdeye »

I have someone that I work with that can cut vinyl letters and numbers and could make some magnetics for you on-site. It wouldn't be anything fancy, but you'd probably be able to pick from a few different fonts for your letters and numbers. He has assured me that he would beat any current prices just to get his foot in the door.

I figured that since a lot of the participants are newer folks, this would be a good opportunity to get some for a good price (magnetics, that is). Most places are around $40 to get a set as far as I know, I think he will probabaly do it for $20 - $30. The magnetic sheet alone is $20, so you probably wouldn't be able to make them yourself for any cheaper....anyway it would be convenient since he'd be able to do it while you're running, if you just tell him what you need.

I really don't want to make this anything official since I don't know what the ramifications are of having a "vendor" at the site. Please post up if you are interested and I'll make sure to introduce him to you. I just don't want the guy to drive out there for nothing.

Also, if any of the board members have a problem with this, let me know and I'll tell him not to come....he'll understand.

Thanks!
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Bump.
Chris Harp
LeadSSled

Post by LeadSSled »

I wish this had been posted before I had spent 2-1/2 hours making my own set. :)

If his look and adhere better than the ones I made, I still might buy a set. Thanks for posting. This is a bargain for those that do not have the magnetics yet.

Terry
Terry Kehne
SCCA #337340
1996 Impala SS - not stock SM96
2005 Dodge Magnum RT - bone stock
1997 VW Passat TDI - Sprint 520 nozzles, Stage 2 RocketChip tune
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Cummins

I drive a hybrid - it burns both gas and rubber.
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

Sounds like a deal to me too. I'll buy a set.
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

bumparoo!
Chris Harp