Newbie..... great time at the event at WB HS

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
bugdewde

Newbie..... great time at the event at WB HS

Post by bugdewde »

Hi folks,

I attended the event at WB HS this weekend and now I'm hooked. Looking forward to the next one in Oak Ridge.

I'm currently putting together a project car that I'd like to run when I get it done(Summer/Fall). Just put the drivetrain back in this week and took a test drive today........... Just need wiring harness, interior and paint.

'72 Chevy Vega with
- '63 Buick Special aluminum V-8 (3.5L/215ci)
- '77 Chevy Monza T-50 5-speed.
- everything else is stock (will be my daily driver)

Anyone have any tips out there on improving this car? Since it's going to be a daily driver, I prefer rubber bushings for the control arms and I want to keep the A/C. I never intended to run Solo with it, but now I'm afraid I must.

Dwight
98Pace97Coupe

Post by 98Pace97Coupe »

I would like to add that I also had a great time and learned alot this weekend at the autocross school. Just like last year's school, the instruction was great and the advice was well received.

The difference this year was the extra "ride-along" and "drive-along" the assigned instuctors had. We drove with them several times, they drove our cars several times, then we applied what we learned. I was able to shave 2-3 seconds off my base runs from Saturday morning to Saturday evening....and even to the last three runs on Sunday, proving that I remembered some things "overnight"! :lol:

TOO many names to mention, some I don't know, but for sure would like to thank Rob for hosting and Mack for being my "ride & drive" along instructor.

See ya at the next school!
97 Corvette Coupe A4
98 Corvette Pace Car MN6
MARKP

Re: Newbie..... great time at the event at WB HS

Post by MARKP »

bugdewde wrote: '72 Chevy Vega with
- '63 Buick Special aluminum V-8 (3.5L/215ci)
- '77 Chevy Monza T-50 5-speed.
- everything else is stock (will be my daily driver)

Anyone have any tips out there on improving this car? Since it's going to be a daily driver, I prefer rubber bushings for the control arms and I want to keep the A/C. I never intended to run Solo with it, but now I'm afraid I must.

Dwight
Unfortunatley, I don't know what you could do to improve the car but it sounds like you have a really fun project going. I look forward to seeing it run.

Maybe some of us can suggest more stuff after seeing what the car does. Whatever you do will obviously be a compromise since you plan on driving the car on a daily basis.

Good Luck!
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story