Hi. im new here.

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

I remember that cone. It is in my garage. That was my first national event. If you drag a cone for about a half mile on concrete it will catch on fire. My car was smoking pretty good. But no damage to the car. Hitting cone are not all that bad.
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
Skunk2

Post by Skunk2 »

thanks for you alls help. i wasa not paranoid about the cone i was just wondering for my sake and mostly my dads. because if a he got his car messed up from a cone he would be really upset
ddillow

Minor Waiver

Post by ddillow »

I don't see this mentioned, though it is hard to miss on the rest of the site.

If you are under 18, you must have a minor waiver signed by *both* parents/guardians. Otherwise, we will not be able to let you on the course.

You only need to fill this out once a year, though.
tscott

Post by tscott »

Good catch there Dillow!
Tyler Scott
Skunk2

Post by Skunk2 »

i got one. thanks
MichaelXi

Post by MichaelXi »

As has been posted, typical damage is NONE.
The cones are rubbery plastic, (Except for the 5 "Secret Cones" which have lead or concrete in them... ;) ), so usually you just buff off the residue of the cone and wash away the dust and there's no mark left AT ALL.
If you're worried about the above posts mentioning fire, just STOP if you have a cone wedged under the car and you're not running for a points position.
BTW, your intake and strut-tower bar definitely place you in STS unless you have any internal engine mods. The S2000, if Stock, is a GREAT B-Stock car.
Welcome to our Fun little Sport!!!!
:)
Focus on FASTER!!!!
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

Do not worry about the fire. That was on concrete and much faster speeds. It will not happen locally and like I said it did not hurt the car. It went right out as soon as I stopped. You dads 04 S2000 will be in A Stock this year. I think he might have the car to have so he should have fun. Just come down and play. It is all about having fun.
At the school I had a lot of fun and do not remember hitting to but just a couple of cone the whole weekend. But when I got home I was rubbing off a lot of cone mark. I just wonder where they all came from. :roll:
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
vwbud

Post by vwbud »

your dad's s2000 has lots of space under it for cones as well...who was it at the drivers school a few years back that put something like 14 cones under his car? and he had no damage that I can remember.
good luck...
I miss racing. I'm taking a "short break" for now. I just bought a house, so I'm effectively flat broke and busted for a little while until I fix all the "fixer uppers" in my "fixer upper".
-Buddy Ahlers
'03 Audi A4
'84 Rabbit convertible
'82 Rabbit L
'73 Std. Beetle
'68 Beetle convertible
jared

Post by jared »

[quote="vwbud"]your dad's s2000 has lots of space under it for cones as well...who was it at the drivers school a few years back that put something like 14 cones under his car? and he had no damage that I can remember.

That was cone master Mack. :P I never thought we were going to quit pulling cones out.
Jared Suter
HS #54
89 Civic Si
vwbud

Post by vwbud »

it was like the autocrosser's version of the circus clown car! :lol:
-Buddy Ahlers
'03 Audi A4
'84 Rabbit convertible
'82 Rabbit L
'73 Std. Beetle
'68 Beetle convertible
Skunk2

Post by Skunk2 »

Hi i have a couple more questions none of them are that crucial but i kinda need to ask them.

Sorry that the questions are lengthy.

1. as i said before I plan to remove my cars subwoofer and amp when i go to the event on sunday. My question is if I should take it out at home and leave it there or if i can wait till i get to the track and then take it out. My concern if i take it out at home is that the drive to the race is about 45 minutes and without my amp i will have no sound, which will mean a very long and slightly boring drive. But if i take it out at the track do I risk having my stereo equipment stolen or tampered with? How likly is my stuff to be stolen or does everyone watch out for one another? I know this is a pretty pety question to ask but if i can avoid 45 minutes of silence it would be a plus.

2. If i have to drive 45 minutes would it be best to raise the psi of my tires before i head out on the 45 min trip or do I fill them in anderson county?

3. I have looked throught the site and it shows what time the track opens for two different locations. Niether of those locations were anderson co. High. What time does the track get set up and when should i arrive.

Thanks for taking the time to read and answer my questions
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

1)I usually leave CDs and all sorts of crap on the ground. I know that none of the autcrossers would steal it (wouldn't have time to steal it even if they wanted to), but we can't control who shows up to watch. Sometimes there are some "thugs' that cruise through. Honestly, I think the chance of it getting stolen or messed with is like 1 in a million. Just bring a blanket to put over it or something ao no one will see it.

2)It doesn't matter. Just don't drive too crazy on the way there, because tire pressure does effect handling charateristiques. If you have too much air in your tires all the time, the center will wear before the outside does and cause uneven tread....don't think you'll have to worry about this happening in 45 min. My suggestion is to go buy a plug in (to your lighter) air compressor. They take a while, but it may be a good investment.

3)Since this is your first event, I would be there NO LATER than 9:30am. Don't be shy when you arrive. Ask as many questions as you need to and just try to have fun.....it'll be hectic until you understand what's happening....
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

I think Chris is right about your chances are 1 in a million someone would steel something but it could happen.
That is a really good questions. When is the first car off?
I-75 is that like I am going towards Chattanooga or Nashville. I am really stupid when it comes to directions.
Thanks,
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
JW

Post by JW »

Last edited by JW on Thu May 14, 2015 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

JW wrote:Mark -- I'm making a map to ACHS that I'll post here shortly. I'd also like to know what time the first car off will be.
Seems like I remember 11:00 being thrown around since there aren't any churches in the area. That's my "educated" guess, anyway.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story