2.3 turbo Fords and Thunder Midget questions

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
tnturbo

2.3 turbo Fords and Thunder Midget questions

Post by tnturbo »

Wondering who on here has or is interested in 2.3 turbo Fords.

Specific questions I have about the thundermidget.... What cam are you running? Is the lower intake the 4 inline design or the 4 square design (I can't tell for sure by the pic I have seen) is that the stock throttle body? Are you running the stock upper? What if any port work has been done on the upper and lower intakes? Is the head stock? Is the exhaust manifold an E3 or E6 casting? Is the turbo the stock 86 TC one and if so is it a .48AR or a .63? What is the fuel system setup? How about a few more engine pics? Have you considered running nitrous?
Jeff Miller
leegrx7

Post by leegrx7 »

jeff---don'tt know if you got a Thunder midget reply or not ??---this was a "budget" built car---stock everything---SDS fuel mgmt computer--MSD dist and ignition--4 square lower intake-----we could use all of the input we can get on potential for porting the intake---port matching manifolds (intake and exh)---etc---our labor is "free" for the budget---(eg. port matching) but new parts (or used parts) will add to the budget ---which is limited to $2004 dollars---actually $2005 dollars for next years event.--need advice on strength of lower end at (current) 20 lbs boost----could we run more than 20?? safely ??