411 Speedway autocross Friday June 25

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
tnturbo

411 Speedway autocross Friday June 25

Post by tnturbo »

The SVT Cobra Mustang Club is having its 5th anniversary in Pigeon Forge June 23-27. As a part of this, an autocross is being held at 411 Speedway on Friday June 25. Start will be in the morning and run till the afternoon. This event is ONLY open to Ford and Ford powered vehicles. However, we would like to have enough workers so that those who pay to run the course don't have to work it, kind of like the Bristol Bash. With that.....if you are interested in working the course in exchange for running the course please post here, send me a PM or an email. Tech is already covered as is most of registration and time keeping. If you have particular skills in one of these areas I suspect we can find you a spot. the main thing we need is cone chasers though :wink:
Last edited by tnturbo on Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff Miller
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

I get a "Page does not exist", Jeff? Ill try the link later......
TennLee

Post by TennLee »

* Green chevy truck and some old cars.
* Weed wacker
* lawn mower
* gas powered leaf blower
MP5_57

Post by MP5_57 »

What about Ford owned vehicles? :wink:

Makes me wish i still had my focus.
tnturbo

Post by tnturbo »

Time is from 9am-4pm. Cost for those eligible is $35 PER CAR not driver. Just come work the course and you can run for free when you aren't working. I anticipate the workers being able to get in plenty of runs. We will have a local meeting sometime in May to work out more details.

Current plan is workers run for FREE. Course layout is going to be very similar to the last open to all PCA event at the speedway. The layout will be open and friendly to larger size higher hp RWD cars.
Jeff Miller
burnin2

Post by burnin2 »

So this event is for ford vechicals not just mustangs?
tnturbo

Post by tnturbo »

YEs, any Ford vehicle or Ford powered for that matter is welcome.
Jeff Miller
Jbgti

Post by Jbgti »

After your meeting in May let us know if you still need workers. I will gladly volunteer.
03' VW GTI 1.8T
20th Anniv. IY
STS # 33
JW

Post by JW »

Last edited by JW on Thu May 14, 2015 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
tnturbo

Post by tnturbo »

Bringing this back up as I now have more information. If you want to work the event in exchange for free runs on the course please send me an email jmiller74@earthlink.net keep in mind it is a FRIDAY event. If you feel you are a qualified instructor, you can exchange those services for running the course. If you are working the event it doesn't matter what kind of car you drive. If you want to be a paying/non-working participant, you need to have a Ford powered car this includes MGs and Factory Five cars with Ford engines.

Unless it rains, I will be at the Oak Ridge autocross this Sunday. Black 96 Mustang with chrome wheels, CP #74. I will have some flyers with me and can hopefully answer any questions you have.
Jeff Miller
tnturbo

Post by tnturbo »

Course is going to be the same basic design as the PCA ran there in April of 2002 if any of you remember that one. PLEASE if you are interested in working the course or helping with the event in exchange for free runs contact me via email ASAP. jmiller74@earthlink.net This link includes a map of the proposed course layout and a picture of the track for those of you who aren't familiar with it. http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/show ... post121711
Jeff Miller