Great event today!

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
OvenMitts

Great event today!

Post by OvenMitts »

Thanks to everyone who put this one on.. that must have been one of my favorite courses, and definitely my favorite in the Pellissippi lot. Everything went very smoothly, and the results are already posted! wow.
Matt Tomlinson
1996 Subenstein
2002 Golf TDI
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

A special thanks to Dillow. If you didn't notice, he ran timing but didn't run today. :D :D

And thanks to everyone that pitched in. This effort makes it more enjoyable for everyone.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

Great event Steve. Thanks for letting me help you out. I wouldn't have thought we could have put together a good course thinking about us throwing cones out of the trailer this morning. :lol:
2013 WRX
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

I really thoroughly enjoyed today's event. I thought the course was great, the weather was nice, and a special compliment to those directing the cleanup process after the little "oops" today. I was the first car on course afterwords, and I needed time in my last run. There was no tip-toeing around the affected sections...but I never felt a slip though.

[edit] did have classification question, did some looking on previous scoreboards though and found answer [/edit]

I was trying to figure out a way to argue my way out of getting spanked by an ES miata....good driver & R-comps will do that. That things radiator just "looks" like an intercooler. :wink:

Anyhow: Again, great day! It's always fun running at such well organized events!
steverife

Post by steverife »

To all the folks that would like to help out, but may be intimidated by the task of chairing an event, you'll get tons of help.

Huge thanks to Scott for roping off the site Saturday and making sure everything was going to get taken care of, huge thanks to Pilson for pullin' the trailer and helping with the course, Shawn and Curt for helping with the course, the folks that made sure that registration, tech, grid, timing & scoring, and safety were handled, the folks that helped with the on-course cleanup, the folks that unpacked and packed the trailer.....

and as Scott said, big thanks to Dillow that worked all day and didn't even run. I've chaired two events now and at each event I've had someone work all day and not even run (Bill Holt is the other one -- Bill I was thinking about you as I was sweeping coolant off the course today). That's an example of the kind of people we've got in this club. I'm too selfish to do that. :oops:

Also a big thanks Dave Guffey for letting me drive the Miata today...
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
ddillow

Post by ddillow »

not cbring wrote:I'm too selfish to do that.
I had several offers to co-drive today, so it wasn't being unselfish... I just wasn't really in the mood to leave the chair after a late night. I should've taken a cue from David Sill, who had as late a night as I did and was still driving hard.
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

Great job Steve! (and crew) I thought the course was a lot of fun.

Hats off to Dave for the hard work.

Why didn't Robert do his stand up this time, or did he :?: :wink:

Pilson, Heather wants a rematch! I think the difference was .001 Scott?
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
TedV

Post by TedV »

Thanks Steve and associates. I had fun today. :D pleasant change from my use of nashville's oil dry yesterday :oops: :x :lol:

Robert got snagged to quietly do sound duty. Have to remember his stand-up ability at future events.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
01badz28

Post by 01badz28 »

Excellent event, fun course. :lol:
Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3
Scuffcakes

Post by Scuffcakes »

The choice of announcer came down to Robert or Wayne and Wayne still owns a few Miatae so he's instantly cooler. :wink:

I'd like to give a tip o' the hat to the folks that designed the course. That was a great combination of terribly frustrating bits and a nice "YEE-HAW" section.

Finally Steve, you're welcome. Just remember that it's always been a dream of mine to co-drive an HS car. :twisted:
David Guffey
97 Miata - STS #40
99 Miata - Nicest beater I've ever had
88 4Runner - Trusty, rusty trail-sled
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

Definitely a great day and an extremely fun course! I was eventually able to smooth out in my later runs, especially after the long run up the hill! 8) I actually ran today on my new General Exclaim UHP's (temporary until next year), which did much better than my worn Michelin Pilot Sport A/S's. And I got to see The Sonoma in action from the course, which was nice as well.

Of course, there were a few scary moments during the 2nd heat... Everyone at Stations 1 & 2 knows what I'm talking about! :wink:

By the way, who was going around taking photos of today's event? I'd like to see some of those shots!
2007 STI Limited #576, The Gentleman's STI, er Mistress, FOR SALE
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

Great Job Steve! It was a fun course, thanks to everyone who helped make it happen... I NEVER got the end right even after Heather told me how :oops:
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Thanks to everyone that helped put on this event. I thought the course was a lot of fun.

Big thanks to Scott for letting me flog his car. That was a lot of fun.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
whenry

Post by whenry »

Y'all did a good job today. Even with the slight kink in the bottom, the uphill section was full of grins and I almost parked the car after the 2nd run because I knew that I wouldnt be able to repeat that run.
I've just got to remember to find some crucial administrative duty the next time that the brooms are needed. Whew that was real work!
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner
Wiggles

Post by Wiggles »

Great FUN. Thanks to everyone!
Scott thanks for my kitty gift.
I am still trying to figure out if Bradley is embarassed because he couldn't get the end right or because he admitted a girl gave him advice. :lol:
HB