Wanted: Muffler Shop Recommendation

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
disneyd
Site Admin

Wanted: Muffler Shop Recommendation

Post by disneyd »

Anyone know of a good muffler shop in Knoxville? One that is fairly priced and will put up with car guys and non-typical requests? Oh, taking walk-ins and getting the work done quick is a plus.
- Dave Disney
tnturbo

Post by tnturbo »

Mighty Muffler on Western Avenue just off I-640 on the Knoxville side.
Jeff Miller
ChuckM

Muffler Shop

Post by ChuckM »

I tried the Quick-O muffer shop on Magnolia after hearing a couple of recomondations. I learned this is a family owned business that has been there for years. If you are going on a Saturday be there at 8:00, they have a line. They are right past the fairgrounds. These guys are good.

Chuck Moore
72 914
90 Jetta
2K1`ACR

Muffler Shop

Post by 2K1`ACR »

I second the recommendation for Quick-O. They are the only shop that will ever touch my car. The Business is family owned, as stated before. Started as Father and Son (Tommy Gaddis Sr and Jr.) Sr passed away a few years ago and Jr is going strong. I figure if someone will trust a street rod worth 10x what my little ACR is worth, then they must be doing something right.
Why racing? Because football, baseball, basketball and soccer only require 1 ball to play.
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

Thanks for the info guys... I'm going to give Quick-O a shot.
- Dave Disney
DarthMazda

Post by DarthMazda »

What are you wanting to do? I have lots of mufflers.
Matt Graves
93 BMW 325
83 RX-7 -5.0L

www.americanpowertrain.com
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

The muffler on the Miata is either a) burned out or b) too loud to begin with. Its kinda got that ricey pissed-off weed whacker thing going on under open throttle. Its a little noisy for my tastes (gathers too much attention when going through the gears in traffic) and the resonance is popping my ears when the top is up.

I'm looking to quiet it down as cheaply as possible (for now). I was going to try a new muffler and/or adding a resonator.

Any ideas?
- Dave Disney
DarthMazda

Post by DarthMazda »

I have a full stainless system for Miatas, Wayne has one on his now, i don't know if you have heard his or not. Its 2.25" tubing all the way thru fully polished. Its not super quiet or anything but its not buzzy. i can get you a good deal on one. Give Wayne a call and get his thoughts on it.
Matt Graves
93 BMW 325
83 RX-7 -5.0L

disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

Thanks, I'll take a listen to Wayne's next week and see how they compare.
- Dave Disney
DarthMazda

Post by DarthMazda »

I will send you a picture of the system via email. The system on your car is actually an old prototype we built for Wayne many moons ago.
Matt Graves
93 BMW 325
83 RX-7 -5.0L