Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Dentspeed

My new toy/death machine.

Post by Dentspeed »

2010 MINI Cooper S, DS
Trey
TedV

Post by TedV »

two fidy? Dana and I have been having some heated bike discusions.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
Dentspeed

Post by Dentspeed »

Yeah, 250. I bought it from a friend. She didn't want it anymore. I couldn't handle a bike any bigger. I've never driven anything that revs to 14,000 rpm's. 8)
2010 MINI Cooper S, DS
Trey
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

Dang thats sweet! I hope I don't have to go to your funeral. :shock:
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
Dentspeed

Post by Dentspeed »

:shock:

Me too!
2010 MINI Cooper S, DS
Trey
Crash477

Post by Crash477 »

Yeah be careful with that! But cool!
Steven Kornhaus
1987 Acura Legend Coupe LS
2006 Subaru STi (sold)
1989 BMW 325is (sold)
Dentspeed

Post by Dentspeed »

It stops on a dime, and is so light that it is easy to handle. It's not ultra-fast, but it's fun. Plus it gets anywhere from 60-70 mpg.
2010 MINI Cooper S, DS
Trey
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Pretty cool gas mileage. Sucks to get caught in the rain on one of those, though.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
85Carrera

Post by 85Carrera »

Congrats! so happens my mother worked in a hospital when i was growing up so i never got a motorcycle...drove one a few times when i was grown, but never bought one....a few years ago i saw a guy get killed on one, and that was it for me and motorcycles...I say that but I've jumped out of airplanes before...not sure which is more dangerous.

I'll bet you are a good cycle driver, just be extra careful man, it is everyone else on the road you have to watch....it's dangerous enough these days in a car. :shock:

anyhow have fun and be safe!
Dentspeed

Post by Dentspeed »

I used to ride as a teenager, and yes, getting stuck in Louisianna in a thunderstorm is not cool.
2010 MINI Cooper S, DS
Trey
Wiggles

Post by Wiggles »

You could take that class at Pelli :lol: just kidding obviously. i just always feel sorry for those guys in their long sleeves and long pants while we are out there in shorts and t's. Enjoy it!
HB
TedV

Post by TedV »

no seriously, you can take a KREP.com or is it org? course and save on your insurance.

last year I almost had one of these except I just spent all my extra cash fixing the formula ford transmision. :x Bank loan would have covered the rest.

I have a list of bikes I would love to own. EX250 is on that list. Dana used to motocross a Honda Elsinor 125 back in the 70's. She wone one race when the guys she raced against thought she was her brother. :lol: otherwise they would crash her out... 'can't be beat by a girl" :lol: :lol: then after wrecking her out, would ask her out on a date. :roll: :lol: she learned to ride a street bike on a CB750 and she outran cops on the dragon on the dirtbike. Might be a reason I've been datin her for 5 or 6 years.. :wink: she wants a cruiser that wont hurt her back tho.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

I have been thinking about one myself. Would be nice to have due to gas prices...but I really think I would kill myself. Have fun on it and be safe.

My stupid but funny motorcycle story....I use to work at a Buy Here Pay Here car lot right beside Sonic near Faragut. I saw a guy on a motorcycle trying to turn in the Sonic and he got hit. I saw something flying and wondered what it was. Well, it was his artificial leg that he got from the last motorcycle wreck he was in. We had to get it for him so he could stand back up. The man was okay but I hurt myself from laughing so hard once we found out he was okay and got away from him. I guess he didn't learn the 1st time. :lol:
2013 WRX
Crash477

Post by Crash477 »

Omg thats funny!
Steven Kornhaus
1987 Acura Legend Coupe LS
2006 Subaru STi (sold)
1989 BMW 325is (sold)
BjoynerUTK

Post by BjoynerUTK »

I just aquired a death trap myself.

My dad handed down his 94 cbr1000 to me for my birthday. I love the bike, but it's a little to heavy for me. He told me I could trade/sell it but I know if I did it would probably upset him.

I am going to use it to get back and forth to school and work when it's not raining so I won't be putting so many miles on my car and save on gas money.
2002 Subaru WRX
STX 36