Nashville Event/

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
John Brown

Nashville Event/

Post by John Brown »

Great event...but why is Disney,Bolton,and Hobbs DSQ'd. I know Tony and Disney both worked...
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

John, looks like you had no trouble with those Foci. Was your sway bar disconnected and if so what were the trade-offs? Will you run that way again?

:lol: :twisted:
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

I don't know. I got Jim Thompson's ok to leave (I worked 1 heat and drove one heat). Thompson said it was OK or I would have stayed and worked. I just left because the first heats didn't end until 3:00 our time (FCO at 11:00) and staying would have put me near midnight getting the car dropped off and getting home (haveta work the next day).
- Dave Disney
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

I did the same thing.He (Jim) schedules us out of town folks that way on purpose.

Scott,I ran the bar connected. I had a better run that would have won pax,but I hit a cone... I have noticed that when I cut slow cones,the rear end just doesnt pivot like the MR2 and the rear wheel rolls over the cone. damn fwd cars.......:)
steverife

Post by steverife »

you guys all missed the z06 (the one on street tires) grazing the fence on the last slalom.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Boy!! was he off line or what???
steverife

Post by steverife »

i caught the end of his spin, but i didn't see what led up to it. he must have been WAY out of shape. i didn't even realize there was a fence over there until that happened.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Steven

Post by Steven »

Bolton and myself both talked to Thompson before we left as well, and he said it was ok for us to leave since we worked one heat and ran one heat.
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

I know this will seem a little out of text to most,but I'm reading the post on Nashvilles web site,and this is a reply to Tony B.
I was only the worker cheif during the first heat.And if you worked 1 heat that is all that is expected from out of towners.During the 1st heats second session there would have been someone else(most likely a local)in charge of worker cheif. If you guys were on both sheets by accident,the worker cheif would have marked you as a "no show".
Just a theory...
jb
Chadwick

Post by Chadwick »

We do try to accommodate out of town guest by allowing them to skip the afternoon work assignments, but this is a courtesy we provide not a hard and fast rule. With the lower then normal turnout because of Mother’s Day we didn’t have the luxury of allowing people to only work one heat. Everyone was assigned 2 work heats and anyone that did not work the second heat was disqualified, including local club members. This was announced in the driver meeting to start the day. Ours is the only club I know of that allows out of town guest the courtesy of not having to work later heats.

As far as how long the event was taking…. I’m not sure what was expected, but we started first runs at 11:05am, first heat was over at 12:30pm, Second heat was over at 1:49 pm. Third heat, 3:09pm and fouth was 4:16pm. The whole event only took 5 hours and 11 minutes to run a total of 454 runs with an average on course time of around 58 seconds. I’m not sure what we could of done to make the event any faster other then cut down the amount of runs that each driver took.

Most of you that come over here are directly involved with making your own events successful so I’m sure you understand the need for rules and the importance of the enforcement of those rules. I hope that this doesn’t dissuade you from attending our events in the future as it is always a pleasure to see you guys.
Dan Chadwick
TRSCCA Webmaster
BSP 92
96 Corvette LT4
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

I understand that you've got to be rough on people who don't work. My gripe is that A) We did work in exchance for our runs (we didn't run the 3rd heat and then skip out working the fourth) and more importantly B) I asked your worker chief (J.T.) BEFORE I left and got his approval. I even offered to stay and work the 3rd heat if you were going to be too short handed, but Jim said he understood that I was from out of town and said it was OK to leave early.

I wouldn't be upset if I hadn't left thinking things were cool.... actually, if I didn't think things were ok I'd have just worked the 3rd heat and left before taking my runs.
- Dave Disney
JW

Post by JW »

Last edited by JW on Thu May 14, 2015 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chadwick

Post by Chadwick »

Which three regions are they? Would be nice to go to an out of town event where I didn't get back home late in the night.
Dan Chadwick
TRSCCA Webmaster
BSP 92
96 Corvette LT4
JW

Post by JW »

Last edited by JW on Thu May 14, 2015 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

I just got a PM back from Jim (their worker chief). Basically, we caused their second run group to have major problems because we left early. This wasn't realized until after we left (they didn't have enough people to cover everything).

They feel like they need to stick to their stated worker policy in order to be fair to everyone. I know the situation they're up against and I'm cool with that.
- Dave Disney