Great Event today!

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
EliseAutoXr

Great Event today!

Post by EliseAutoXr »

Thanks to everyone that worked hard to make it a great day. The course very good (and tricky), it kept making me hesitate when there was really no reason to. Fun! :D

Thanks!
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

+1. that was a great course. the slalom coming through the last turn made it far more interesting than the big sweeper. and im never going back to street tires :lol: way too much fun. sorry I didnt stick around, had to make it to dinner. grats to mista Dillow for beatin me :cry: ! thanks for the hard work setting it up guys.
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
Budman

Post by Budman »

That was a tough course......at least for those of us that are having trouble looking far enough ahead anyways. :oops: I finally started getting it on run #5, but that downhill transition into that final slalom/sweeper kicked my but most of the day! Thanks Steve for a challenging, but fun course today...ya made me work! Thanks to Sean who kept making me push myself to go faster. All in all, it was definitely a good day.....couldn't think of a better group of people to spend the day with....ETR, you guys rock! :D
GySgt/USMC/Retired
Green 1996 Saturn SC-2
#94 STX
01badz28

Post by 01badz28 »

It was fun getting to run and see everyone, but lets just say I wasn't a huge fan of the course. :cry:

Looking forward to Bristol.
Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3
ddillow

Post by ddillow »

Great job today guys -- I had a blast on the course, even though I know I left time out there. I'm certain Disney would've found it if he'd have been there.

Results are posted.
sentrase

Post by sentrase »

Mark and Trey really owned me today. It didn't help that my times got slower the more I run :(
Kristo K.
'13 Scion FR-S
STX 53
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

Budman wrote:That was a tough course......at least for those of us that are having trouble looking far enough ahead anyways. :oops: I finally started getting it on run #5, but that downhill transition into that final slalom/sweeper kicked my but most of the day! Thanks Steve for a challenging, but fun course today...ya made me work! Thanks to Sean who kept making me push myself to go faster. All in all, it was definitely a good day.....couldn't think of a better group of people to spend the day with....ETR, you guys rock! :D
+1 I couldn't have said it better myself! John, I was at Station 2 and was amazed how you put the Saturn on 3 wheels at the start, then 3 wheels again as you went the reverse direction (with the sliding)! :eek: I hope somebody has a video of that...

Never again will I run on these damn Michelin Energy HXMV#ZZ-whatever random letters make up the name! It took me 4 runs to master how to slide with them around the upper half and sliding into the slalom going downhill. I'm still annoyed that I DNFed my first run :oops:

Rear sway bar and Z1 Star Specs should be here soon... 8)

I've got some in-car videos I'll post later tonight. Gotta upload them to YouTube with only 128Kb up. :(
2007 STI Limited #576, The Gentleman's STI, er Mistress, FOR SALE
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
BjoynerUTK

Post by BjoynerUTK »

The course was great and I had a lot of fun battling it out with the other BMW's. Makes me work so much harder to do better.

A HUUUUUUGE Thanks to Rife for letting me get those fun runs!!!! I had the best time ever in the vette and ended up getting a 38.4 after three runs in it... :lol: ASP needs to watch out next year.

Hope you had fun in my car Rife, it appreaciates good conage...
2002 Subaru WRX
STX 36
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

Woohoo, DFL first event running pro class! :)

In spite of my shortcoming in the results category that was a really fun course. I can tell I am going to need a bit of time to fiddle with and learn how to take advantage of the new shocks. I installed them late friday night and literally the only driving I'd done on them was between the house and the campus. I was thankful for the fun-runs since that let me fiddle a little bit.

Oh well, I will gladly take my whuppins in until I figure things out again.

Thanks again for a great event!
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

knew I shoulda stayed >.< ! wouldve been interesting to see if I couldve broken into the 36's.

what kind shocks did ya put in mister Graves?
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
BjoynerUTK

Post by BjoynerUTK »

ke0ki2k wrote:knew I shoulda stayed >.< ! wouldve been interesting to see if I couldve broken into the 36's.

what kind shocks did ya put in mister Graves?
Eric got down into the 36's on the fun runs. So according to your times it was probably possible...
2002 Subaru WRX
STX 36
sean

Post by sean »

I wasn't sure about the course at first, but it grew on me just not quick enough to close up the gap that John made. Surely those tires have a few more runs left in them. Thanks to all that put so much into making these events happen.
steverife

Post by steverife »

Huge thanks to Keith for towing the trailer and helping with the course even though he couldn't stick around to run. Every time I've chaired an event, someone has busted their butt to help out and without even driving in the event. Also, want to point out that Ted showed up and helped pack up even though he didn't run. Another huge thanks to Scott, Dillow, Pilson, Gebbia, etc. They ALWAYS bust their butts at this events. It makes me feel a little guilty where people thank me. Nonetheless, I sorted had a crappy day (cones, broken stud again, street tire went flat) and the thanks and people helping out and whatnot make me feel like it was worthwhile.

Also, sorry for forgetting the novices when giving out trophies. :(

I'm a little mixed on the course. If you didn't like it, I hope you at least found it to be a little different than what we usually run.
BjoynerUTK wrote:Hope you had fun in my car Rife, it appreaciates good conage...
Thanks for the drive. I never really got comfortable in it, but it is always fun to drive something different.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Oberstwill

Post by Oberstwill »

ke0ki2k wrote:+1. that was a great course. the slalom coming through the last turn made it far more interesting than the big sweeper. and im never going back to street tires :lol: way too much fun. sorry I didnt stick around, had to make it to dinner. grats to mista Dillow for beatin me :cry: ! thanks for the hard work setting it up guys.
I will say your car looked much faster and in control with those tires.
William

I only own old cars.....

and I will beat you on SNOW tires............ ;)
BjoynerUTK

Post by BjoynerUTK »

steverife wrote:
Thanks for the drive. I never really got comfortable in it, but it is always fun to drive something different.
After driving James's car in Nashville, and then Eric's car today... And even the Cobra... My car seems like the easiest thing in the world drive.. Ehh, at least I got to see what it looks like going around the course for the first time ever, and I must say the racing stripes might become a permanent fixture at autox's. ahaha.
2002 Subaru WRX
STX 36