Missing WB race

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Williampreza

Missing WB race

Post by Williampreza »

:(

Family obligations preclude my attendance of Saturday and sunday's festivities. I'll be back for the next race though!
Will Lavender
#44 HS Nissan Frontier?
LeadSSled

Post by LeadSSled »

Yeah, me too. I'll be on a plane heading for Chicago. That's 2 in a row missed for me. :cry:

I should be able to make the June 6th one, but I'll have to miss the one on June 27th too. I'll be in Vegas for the Impala SS Club of America National event through the 27th. Hopefully, I won't miss any more this year.

The good news is that I will have new Kumho MXs on the SSled for the next event. :shock:

Terry
Terry Kehne
SCCA #337340
1996 Impala SS - not stock SM96
2005 Dodge Magnum RT - bone stock
1997 VW Passat TDI - Sprint 520 nozzles, Stage 2 RocketChip tune
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Cummins

I drive a hybrid - it burns both gas and rubber.
dfsmith

Post by dfsmith »

Unfortunately, I may have to miss this one too. I've somehow managed to pick up a nail in my driver-side rear tire and have to get that patched. Don't have my rule book handy, so does anyone know what it says about running a patched tire?

Otherwise I may see if I can "borrow" my brother's 911 :twisted: ... or pay someone's entry fee if they'll let me co-drive. :lol:
Dave Smith

'09 Honda Accord LX-P (daily beater/greyhound bus)
'08 Ford Ranger XL (parts & manure hauler)
'74 Porsche 914 (perpetual project car)
dfoulk

Post by dfoulk »

The rule book does not address patched tires specifically. My opinion is that a small diameter hole located in the tread and not near the shoulders of the tire would probably not be a problem if properly patched. A vulcanized patch on the inside of the tire is the best type of patch. I would not recommend a plug type patch because the hole is made larger for the plug to fit. For any type of sustained high speed driving such as a track event or long distance on the interstate, I would consider the speed rating of a patched tire to be compromised.

Dewey
Jbgti

Post by Jbgti »

dfsmith wrote:Unfortunately, I may have to miss this one too. I've somehow managed to pick up a nail in my driver-side rear tire and have to get that patched. Don't have my rule book handy, so does anyone know what it says about running a patched tire?

Otherwise I may see if I can "borrow" my brother's 911 :twisted: ... or pay someone's entry fee if they'll let me co-drive. :lol:
Dave.. I had my azeni patched at Matlock's. I stopped by and they patched it for me right there. I think it was like 10 dollars or something. They patched it on the inside like Dewey is talking about. Haven't had any problems out of it yet. Still holding air. I would let you drive my car but Not Cbring is already co driving this event.
03' VW GTI 1.8T
20th Anniv. IY
STS # 33
dfsmith

Post by dfsmith »

Thanks, Dewey and JB. It's in a deep part of the tread block, so I'm gonna get it patched tonight or tomorrow and see you guys out there ... Saturday, maybe; Sunday, definitely.
Dave Smith

'09 Honda Accord LX-P (daily beater/greyhound bus)
'08 Ford Ranger XL (parts & manure hauler)
'74 Porsche 914 (perpetual project car)
exhacker

Post by exhacker »

dfoulk wrote:....I would consider the speed rating of a patched tire to be compromised.
Especially at WB :roll:
MP5_57

Post by MP5_57 »

I am missi this one too.........going to the cherokee trails rally this weekend.......
ImpressvRS

Post by ImpressvRS »

Im not there either...my excuse isn't quite as good though, I tried to register online for WB Saturday night and I learned the hard way that registration was closed on Friday. Who knew that Test & Tune days counted as complete events. Silly me...I thought I had one more day to stop living outside of my home and come indoors to register for AutoX. :evil:
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
STS 70
ddillow

Post by ddillow »

ImpressvRS wrote:Im not there either...my excuse isn't quite as good though, I tried to register online for WB Saturday night and I learned the hard way that registration was closed on Friday.
So why not just come and register at the event? If you register by 10am on-site, there's no extra fee.

That said, I, too have been bitten by the unexpected closing of the online registration. Seems when it says "registration closes on such and such day", it means 12:01am on that day. Not good when you've forgotten to register until the Saturday before the event. :(
Jbgti

Post by Jbgti »

Dave,

If or when you purchase new tires would you be so kind to sale me one of the stock Michelins? I am in dire need of one. Thanks.
03' VW GTI 1.8T
20th Anniv. IY
STS # 33
ImpressvRS

Post by ImpressvRS »

ddillow wrote:So why not just come and register at the event? If you register by 10am on-site, there's no extra fee.

Well I'll be damned.

There was such a heated discussion at our last meeting about online registration that I had it in my head that if I didn't register online I was screwed. While we're on the subject, myautoevents.com is a strange animal indeed. Most of our events aren't showing up under searches for me until about a week prior to the event. Thus, I have to be sure and leave reminders for myself to go online and register as much as possible.

I suk at that btw. :cry:
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
STS 70
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

ImpressvRS wrote:
ddillow wrote:So why not just come and register at the event? If you register by 10am on-site, there's no extra fee.

Well I'll be damned.

There was such a heated discussion at our last meeting about online registration that I had it in my head that if I didn't register online I was screwed.

Just to clarify, that was Atlanta Region that is allowing online registration only. We never considered going that far. I think most of us would agree that what happened with you would happen with many entrants, they wouldn't show up. We don't want to do that. We'll find room for everyone.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story