Wanna play in DSP next year?

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

it'll be nice to see a fully decked out BSP 350Z. dunno how long it'd take me to get mine there...probably never will. i'll get it to 80% and call it good :lol:
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
TedV

Post by TedV »

SP you are never done. They keep making the rules a moving target. There is SOOOOOOO much I can still do to my FSP Scirocco.

adjusting the loose nut behind the wheel is where most speed is at.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
steverife

Post by steverife »

MARKP wrote:
steverife wrote:I meant Street Prepared. Strano's ESP car is pretty mild. Jr's ASP car is pretty mild. Tipple won FSP with an open diff last year. The CSP winner this year is very mild, as was the DSP car. Nate Whipple coned away DSP with a stock LSD, etc.

People spend too much time worrying about that stuff, IMO.
FYI, stock diff in Whipple's car = torsen. Doesn't get much better than that in a FWD.
I know Chris Travis has an ATS in his Hpe R powed SM car and Neary had a Quaife in his old DSP car. I'm not sure what Eric Campbell has in his DSP car, but I think it is aftermarket.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Z06Fix

Post by Z06Fix »

Next year is up in the air for me. I'm considering going back to school full time and selling the vette. Taking 5hrs a semester is killing me right now. It makes it hard to find classes and even harder to sort things out with my job. Bumping that up to 14-16 hours would swap those two around and get me out 4 semesters sooner. Plus make it alot easier to pack up and move for an internship. Thats a big draw right now.

I can always buy another vette later on.

There is a good chance that I could end up co-driving a SS (C6 Z) car next year for the local stuff.
2010 Subaru STI
Pewter Sonoma

Post by Pewter Sonoma »

Z06Fix wrote:Next year is up in the air for me. I'm considering going back to school full time and selling the vette. Taking 5hrs a semester is killing me right now. It makes it hard to find classes and even harder to sort things out with my job. Bumping that up to 14-16 hours would swap those two around and get me out 4 semesters sooner. Plus make it alot easier to pack up and move for an internship. Thats a big draw right now.

There is a good chance that I could end up co-driving a SS (C6 Z) car next year for the local stuff.
What are you studying again?

I can speak from experience....get some industry related work experience under your belt, like a co-op or two as you mentioned, and get the degree ASAP. I can't tell you how much better of a standard of living I have now compared to when I was back in school.

Get the degree man....
2011 ETR SCCA never made it to an event Champion
2001 Camaro SS Convertible - LS1, 6-speed, GMPP HotCam, Full Exhaust, Konis, Springs, Sways, Roll Cage, Wilwood Brakes.
01badz28

Post by 01badz28 »

Z06Fix wrote:Next year is up in the air for me. I'm considering going back to school full time and selling the vette. Taking 5hrs a semester is killing me right now. It makes it hard to find classes and even harder to sort things out with my job. Bumping that up to 14-16 hours would swap those two around and get me out 4 semesters sooner. Plus make it alot easier to pack up and move for an internship. Thats a big draw right now.

Sell the Civic, keep the Z06.

I feel your pain. I worked 20-30 hours a week between two jobs when I was in law school (which was technically illegal under UTs rules). Worth it in the end, though.
Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3
steverife

Post by steverife »

I know things change, but you've seemed pretty pumped up about the Corvette up to now...
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Pewter Sonoma

Post by Pewter Sonoma »

Speaking of degrees, I'll be getting my masters in the Spring! I can't wait to be done. I've been taking college level courses since '99.

In the spring of '10 I'm taking my PE (Professional Engineering) Exam. After that, I think I'm taking some time off.
2011 ETR SCCA never made it to an event Champion
2001 Camaro SS Convertible - LS1, 6-speed, GMPP HotCam, Full Exhaust, Konis, Springs, Sways, Roll Cage, Wilwood Brakes.
01badz28

Post by 01badz28 »

Pewter Sonoma wrote:Speaking of degrees, I'll be getting my masters in the Spring! I can't wait to be done. I've been taking college level courses since '99.

In the spring of '10 I'm taking my PE (Professional Engineering) Exam. After that, I think I'm taking some time off.
Congrats!
Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3
Z06Fix

Post by Z06Fix »

Believe me I will keep the vette if I can. Right now things are not looking good at work and I'm looking at options to cut my expenses. If I sold the vette I could pay off the civic and all my debt. That would be a good feeling. The huge downside to selling the car is I will never find a better deal on a vette.

I used to hate the cobra sitting on campus. That what I bought the civic for. The idea of the Z06 sitting in the parking garage scares me, but if I have to I will.

I can float things for a couple months without doing anything drastic but I can't do it for long :cry:
2010 Subaru STI
01badz28

Post by 01badz28 »

Z06Fix wrote:Believe me I will keep the vette if I can. Right now things are not looking good at work and I'm looking at options to cut my expenses. If I sold the vette I could pay off the civic and all my debt. That would be a good feeling. The huge downside to selling the car is I will never find a better deal on a vette.

I used to hate the cobra sitting on campus. That what I bought the civic for. The idea of the Z06 sitting in the parking garage scares me, but if I have to I will.

I can float things for a couple months without doing anything drastic but I can't do it for long :cry:
Unrelated site question: What weight and brand of motor oil do you 'Vette guys run? What do the T1 guys run?
Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

Z06Fix wrote: There is a good chance that I could end up co-driving a SS (C6 Z) car next year for the local stuff.
gonna say you guys could always split cost for tires & campaign that thing in SS. hella-cheaper than ASP (i assume? says the unedumacated guy) and just as much speed/fun.
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
Z06Fix

Post by Z06Fix »

01badz28 wrote:
Z06Fix wrote:Believe me I will keep the vette if I can. Right now things are not looking good at work and I'm looking at options to cut my expenses. If I sold the vette I could pay off the civic and all my debt. That would be a good feeling. The huge downside to selling the car is I will never find a better deal on a vette.

Unrelated site question: What weight and brand of motor oil do you 'Vette guys run? What do the T1 guys run?

I run Mobil 1 10w30 syn. I usually try to pick up the extdended life if I can find it. Alot of the open track guys run the same oil. I have heard of some running the 15w50 but GM says it can cause probs with the pump.
2010 Subaru STI
Z06Fix

Post by Z06Fix »

Well I'm meeting with my advisor next week to get everything set up for next semester :D

Tmr is going to be my last day at Alcoa Good Times. It's been a good job for the past three years, but I'm ready to move on with my life.
2010 Subaru STI
01badz28

Post by 01badz28 »

Z06Fix wrote:Well I'm meeting with my advisor next week to get everything set up for next semester :D

Tmr is going to be my last day at Alcoa Good Times. It's been a good job for the past three years, but I'm ready to move on with my life.
Good luck!

I wish I knew you were thinking about selling the 'Vette before I bought that engine. I could have used the LS6, parted out the 'Vette, and made a profit. :roll:
Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3