Wanna play in DSP next year?

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Z06Fix

Post by Z06Fix »

01badz28 wrote:
Z06Fix wrote:Well I'm meeting with my advisor next week to get everything set up for next semester :D

Tmr is going to be my last day at Alcoa Good Times. It's been a good job for the past three years, but I'm ready to move on with my life.
Good luck!

I wish I knew you were thinking about selling the 'Vette before I bought that engine. I could have used the LS6, parted out the 'Vette, and made a profit. :roll:
As of right now the vette is staying 8) I'm going to stuff her in the garage for the winter and drop the insurance to a minimum. If all goes as planned she will be out next season. I doubt I will be doing any national events but I will attend most of the local ones.

Just got to concentrate on school and make that my top priority.
Last edited by Z06Fix on Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2010 Subaru STI
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

^ Good luck! School gets very old very fast... :(
Pewter Sonoma wrote:Speaking of degrees, I'll be getting my masters in the Spring! I can't wait to be done. I've been taking college level courses since '99.

In the spring of '10 I'm taking my PE (Professional Engineering) Exam. After that, I think I'm taking some time off.
Congratulations! I'm just glad to have my first job post-undergrad! :D
2007 STI Limited #576, The Gentleman's STI, er Mistress, FOR SALE
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
PushinTheLimit

Post by PushinTheLimit »

Z06Fix wrote:Next year is up in the air for me. I'm considering going back to school full time and selling the vette. Taking 5hrs a semester is killing me right now. It makes it hard to find classes and even harder to sort things out with my job. Bumping that up to 14-16 hours would swap those two around and get me out 4 semesters sooner. Plus make it alot easier to pack up and move for an internship. Thats a big draw right now.

I can always buy another vette later on.

There is a good chance that I could end up co-driving a SS (C6 Z) car next year for the local stuff.

Wow, that's all news to me. I can feel your pain man. Sometimes its a struggle with my vette along with a baby. I could make things really easy on myself... sell the vette, pay off a couple of other payments and get some money saved up.

But I really love doing this, so we've been able to make it ok so far. We're starting to get things back on track after some rough times. But I've also already got my degree and you're still working on yours so thats a big difference.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best of luck as I wouldn't even be here if you hadn't introduced me to this sport. If you sell the C5Z, its gonna be a lil lonely in ASP next year :cry:
Michael Smith
C5 Z06
ST2 #10
Pewter Sonoma

Post by Pewter Sonoma »

SilverMaxima wrote:^ Good luck! School gets very old very fast... :(
Pewter Sonoma wrote:Speaking of degrees, I'll be getting my masters in the Spring! I can't wait to be done. I've been taking college level courses since '99.

In the spring of '10 I'm taking my PE (Professional Engineering) Exam. After that, I think I'm taking some time off.
Congratulations! I'm just glad to have my first job post-undergrad! :D
Thanks. Where you working at now?
2011 ETR SCCA never made it to an event Champion
2001 Camaro SS Convertible - LS1, 6-speed, GMPP HotCam, Full Exhaust, Konis, Springs, Sways, Roll Cage, Wilwood Brakes.
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

Pewter Sonoma wrote:Thanks. Where you working at now?
Jacobs Engineering. Right near Jackson Plaza (about 2 block behind it, next to the Soup Kitchen).
2007 STI Limited #576, The Gentleman's STI, er Mistress, FOR SALE
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random