Why I was not there Sunday!

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Adam

Why I was not there Sunday!

Post by Adam »

As soon as you read this I would like to hear some replies.As a few of you know I got pulled over last Saturday night for what the officer says was ''drag racing''.It was in the Clinton plaza at the K-Mart car show that is there every Saturday evening.Me and 6 other cars were leaving the plaza going 5 mph in the area until we hit the back road (Clinton plaza dr) on our way out.While doing this I and everyone else was in 1st gear doing 5 mph.We accelerated to 25-30 mph and then let up heading towards the stop sign.And we were all single file in a straight line leaving.None of us spun our tires or was trying to race down the road.But an officer in the area pulled us over at the gas station after we turned the corner.Interestingly out of the 6 cars 4 got pulled over and the one in front of me didn't but his brother in front of him did.It's like we got hand picked for nothing.Here is the not very fun part.We were arrested handcuffed and taken in the patty-wagon to the county jail! Then patted down photoed,fingerprinted and booked on a 1000 bond! We even had to put on the striped suit things and go to our own cells! Thank God for my girlfriend Constance she waited all night and bonded me out but not until 6 am.Our cars were towed and we could pick them up at 10 am Sunday morning.I was so frustrated and tired I almost went straight to Comcast! LOL The fact is none of us deserved this and now we all have a lawyer and must face court.Also James and Derek I know you guys were there if you saw us leave let me know.I have some other witnesses but everything is a help.You guys can call me at 389-1314 if you saw anything.The officer says he has it on video but its not going to prove anything so we thought he was lying.This is a ridiculous story huh?I hated to miss the event! So that was my bad luck weekend.... :evil:

Adam
SM 29
98 Honda Prelude Type SH
Tyler H

Post by Tyler H »

bull s...!!!!!! They're trying to make an example of you!!! Knox co is rediculous right now. They're on a revenue drive. I was in court less than 3 weeks ago for some trumped-up BS, too. Pre-paid legal worked for me. :twisted:

I got accused of something similar when I was a senior in HS. (1996) Lost my license for 2 weeks once because I was headed to a 7:00 college credit class and some freshman in a 1st gen RX cut me off and sped off to school, got caught for speeding. He said he was trying to beat me to school (I didn't even know) and I was busted for racing. :roll:
Last edited by Tyler H on Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Man, that sucks. Care to tell us who the cop was?
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Stu

Post by Stu »

Sorry to hear about all that Adam, I hope you get cleared of that B.S charge.
-Stuart Gibson
-GS Ford Focus ST
JW

Post by JW »

Last edited by JW on Thu May 14, 2015 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adam

Post by Adam »

I don't know who the officer was as of yet.We didn't even get read our rights! But my lawyer said he didn't exactly have to.

Adam
steverife

Post by steverife »

i hate that for you. i've had a couple of bad experiences with the police where they suspected that i was a witness to a serious crime and, living here, i honestly fear the police more than i fear crime.

if there is anything i can do to help, let me know.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

*puts on his old NWA CD*

and you all know what track I'm bumpin'

i think if you've got a lawyer, you are good to go. he'll be able to help you more than any of us.

Are you coming to E-town?
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Adam

Post by Adam »

Thinking about it.I could relieve some stresssssssssss.Give me a ring tonight and I could follow you down in the morning.

Adam
KUNKDADDY

Post by KUNKDADDY »

:cry:
Adam I thought something was up when you were not @ comcast Sunday do you rember me telling you to "be careful" before you left. I noticed the cops were breaking there necks checking me out in the wrx earlier that night. The police does not want the car scene out by K-mart and they are trying to make examples out of you guys. Since you were not read you Miranda Rights anything you said after you were arrested is not admissible in court. So I suggest you guys get a group lawyer and beg to do community service and maybe you won't have anything go on your driving record. Good Luck
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

That is real bs. I cant believe the arrested you for that. That reallllllly sux. Sorry to hear it..
2013 WRX
Dr Evil

Post by Dr Evil »

I know it sux to be in your position right now BUT...

[steps up onto soapbox]

the problem we've had at the carshow is that we have two very different and distinct crowds there. You guys that visit it know what I mean. There has been alot of complaining by the older (cars/people) crowd about some of the younger, err...racier (notice I didnt say ricer) crowd. I have to say that alot of it is justified too. People doing burnouts in the parking lot where people and children are walking not to mention the parked cars. The loud radios cranked up to a bijillion decimals etc etc. This is what the police are cracking down on. There are alot of kids who hang out there that for whatever reason feel compelled to show off thier one wheel burnout, 110 whp fury when they leave. If you guys think its bad there you needed to be at knoxville dragway the first Thursday night they were open this year. I must have seen dozens of kids/cars pulled over after leaving the strip.

[steps off soapbox]

I really hope everything works out for you. It sounds like a case of the wrong place at the wrong time.
tnturbo

Post by tnturbo »

That's exactly why I NEVER go to the K-Mart cruise in anymore. It is too regulated, cops run you off at 10pm and treat you like a criminal. The old timers can have their parking lot as far as I am concerned.
Jeff Miller
TennLee

Post by TennLee »

:shock: Wow. I hope everything works out. I'll have to agree with the Doc. Sometimes I take my little kids, and someone trying to imitate John Force warming up the slicks bothers me.
* Green chevy truck and some old cars.
* Weed wacker
* lawn mower
* gas powered leaf blower
ImpressvRS

Post by ImpressvRS »

I know this is an old thread by now, but here goes anyway.

I saw what went down that night...heck, I was invited to go along with you guys but I opted out and left five minutes after. Whatever they saw you do, you did it on the other side of the building from me. I rolled by the Baskin Robbins about ten minutes after you were pulled over. I called Justin to get the fix on what was happening and he told me his brother who drives a sweet Red Acura Integra had asked the cop if he could see the video and the cop ran you guys in because he was being a smartass.

Now I dunno whats what....but the first thing that went through my mind was that the cops had heard about Chad in his red Acura Integra street racing all over town and mistook Justin's brother for him. I also won't lie and say that Chad doesn't need to get busted. Street Racing is illegal...yeah....street racing is dangerous...oh sure....Chad is deadly....definately. Driving around town like a pack of wolves looking for a race is crazy. Pretty soon you get busted even if you aren't "breakin' the law".....a little Judas Priest to combat the NWA that Chris is thumpin'.

I hate that you guys got pinched. Especially for not doing a damn thing. I can't say that I didn't see it coming though. The Fuzz is pretty pissed off as it is about the Biker Boyz down at K-Mart that they can't nab. Now in rolls you heathens and they see a quick grab and power trippin' fun for all with a badge. I will say that there was NO DAMN WAY that you guys could have been racing on that narrow no good torn up alleyway. If you were, then I'd pull your car myself before you ended up trading paint and trashing your stuff.
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
STS 70