Great Job today Mark

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
rocracing2004

Great Job today Mark

Post by rocracing2004 »

I have driven a lot of Mark Pison's courses in the past and let me be the first to say this; it was the best course yet, and thank you. I was one of the many that said do I realy want to come out with the weather issues and I am glad I did.

Great job to all the ETR members that make all our events happen.

Robert
Oberstwill

Post by Oberstwill »

I thik youhad a faster time in Shawns car than he did............ 8)
William

I only own old cars.....

and I will beat you on SNOW tires............ ;)
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

I posted this in the other thread. But, I would like to drive that course in the dry. Maybe add some to the beginning once they move the trailers.
2013 WRX
Z06Fix

Post by Z06Fix »

Yes, great course Mark. Thanks to everyone that made the event possible.
2010 Subaru STI
Dstan

Post by Dstan »

gbwrx wrote:I posted this in the other thread. But, I would like to drive that course in the dry. Maybe add some to the beginning once they move the trailers.
+1 on this thought
David Stanford
PSTC 180 (disclaimer... this class is only valid on the discretion to the SCCA that change ST* rules every 5 minutes)
Tires 140 TW maybe legal tommorrow...WTF
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

Oberstwill wrote:I thik youhad a faster time in Shawns car than he did............ 8)
You better think again. He was fast in it but was 2 seconds off of my fast time. I wouldn't doubt it at all though if he had more time in the car and more runs.
2013 WRX
coneninja

Post by coneninja »

Yeah, Great job guys! :D
Scuffcakes

Post by Scuffcakes »

I'll add my voice to the chorus praising the course today. Tons of "yee-haw" sections and a whole lotta "pucker" moments. Most of it happening at the same time. I just wish I had brought my 'nads with me. :oops:
David Guffey
97 Miata - STS #40
99 Miata - Nicest beater I've ever had
88 4Runner - Trusty, rusty trail-sled
Dstan

Post by Dstan »

When I got there this morning My heart droped because I didn't see any cones at first. So First time I ever helped set up the course, and was happy to take my learning one step further. Great Course Mark

Funny a few of us learned how to set up the tent and timing too.

as Scuffy said nads were needed on this course :wink:
David Stanford
PSTC 180 (disclaimer... this class is only valid on the discretion to the SCCA that change ST* rules every 5 minutes)
TennTechMan

Post by TennTechMan »

Dstan wrote: Funny a few of us learned how to set up the tent and timing too.
Next time I'll know more of what I'm doing. It could have gone a lot smoother.
Aaron Carroll

STM 11 - 91 Geo Metro
Lead Engineer of the Knoxvegas Lowballers
tomvan72

Post by tomvan72 »

First time I have ever been surfing in a car! That was a double fun course! running slicks in the rain, fast,fast,fast,slip,float,SURF,slip,then grip,thenslip,fast,fast,fast,crap,fast,slip,slip,SURF,fast,FINISHLINE!!!!
95 Miata
Laguna Blue
sts 72 in the works
Dstan

Post by Dstan »

tomvan72 wrote:First time I have ever been surfing in a car! That was a double fun course! running slicks in the rain, fast,fast,fast,slip,float,SURF,slip,then grip,thenslip,fast,fast,fast,crap,fast,slip,slip,SURF,fast,FINISHLINE!!!!
OK Tom put down the Beer
David Stanford
tomvan72

Post by tomvan72 »

Dstan wrote:
tomvan72 wrote:First time I have ever been surfing in a car! That was a double fun course! running slicks in the rain, fast,fast,fast,slip,float,SURF,slip,then grip,thenslip,fast,fast,fast,crap,fast,slip,slip,SURF,fast,FINISHLINE!!!!
OK Tom put down the Beer
NO!
95 Miata
Laguna Blue
sts 72 in the works
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Thanks to all that helped out. With so many of the regulars bailing out on this one it really took many new people pulling together to get this done and make it all work like it normally does.

Big thanks to Bradley for letting me drive his car. It was lots of fun, even the wicked spin in the middle of the course. :lol: It came around so fast I had to think about where I was before I started going again.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Dstan

Post by Dstan »

MARKP wrote:Thanks to all that helped out. With so many of the regulars bailing out on this one it really took many new people pulling together to get this done and make it all work like it normally does.

Big thanks to Bradley for letting me drive his car. It was lots of fun, even the wicked spin in the middle of the course. :lol: It came around so fast I had to think about where I was before I started going again.
Funny Mark that was the Perfect spin and recover, I bet that time was still pretty good.
David Stanford