Good event mista Disney

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
ke0ki2k

Good event mista Disney

Post by ke0ki2k »

great course Dave, and you BEAT me damn you (both of you since both Daves outran me). that was probably may favorite course to drive out there so far. it was a long day with 1 car on course but it was bound to be lengthy with mod cars and karts out and about. good day overall, thanks
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
Budman

Re: Good event mista Disney

Post by Budman »

Well run event.....loved the course EXCEPT the final pi-cone right before the finish. I heard I can thank Robert for that painful agonizing finish. :P I hard a very hard time getting my head out of my anus which was evidenced by a cone on one run and then two DNF's after that. Thankfully Scott didn't take advantage of the opportunity to put some serious pressure on me. I loved watching the epic battle in STU....wish I had a STU car cause that would be a lot of fun to jump into that mix. Congrats Robert on your STU Championship! :rockon:

I was considering letting Rife co-drive my car next year if it went to FSP....not so sure now. Mass murdering cones I can deal with but not so sure on the off-road stuff....know whut I mean Vern? :lol: :fight:
GySgt/USMC/Retired
Green 1996 Saturn SC-2
#94 STX
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

Great event! Thanks to everyone involved. Fun course, wish I was not hesitant to hit cones :(, would have been a cool to just let it rip, oh well, there's always next year :).
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

Fun event! I actually didn't mind the course at all (even the finish wasn't too bad IMO). I think I was just generally pleased to be able to make it to an event, get some use out of my tires, and not have to fix anything afterwords.

Props to those responsible as usual, and a big thanks to the weather steward. It was a pleasant day to be outside playing.
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
youtube.com/lapoftheworld
budjrfan

Post by budjrfan »

very nice course. glad to see the change up.

....and as for you Mr Wiser. :fight:

21 SM 196 Kelly Munsey 1996 Chevy Impala....48.720
22 STX 94 John Wiser 1996 Saturn SC2..........48.720
Kelly Munsey
scottgib wrote:On a course that Brown and I both ran about 30% in first gear, with one downshift, an Impala had FTD!!!!??? Still on that course, Kelly schooled us.
Budman

Post by Budman »

That final turn might not be so bad in a rear-wheel drive car, but I just couldn't get the car to rotate there. :?

and as for you Mr. Munsey... :fight:

12 STX 94 John Wiser 1996 Saturn SC2 40.047
32 SM 196 Kelly Munsey 1996 Chevy Impala 42.240
GySgt/USMC/Retired
Green 1996 Saturn SC-2
#94 STX
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

I can't take credit for much on this event:

Trey got the trailer there and took it home.
John put the course together.
Shawn, Heather, Dave Sill, Curt, etc., etc., etc. did tech, registration, novice walk-through and all the other jobs that needed to be done.

I basically just ran the driver's meeting, so thanks to all the folks that come to all the events and make 'em happen!
- Dave Disney
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

Had alot of fun... figured out some things today as far as car setup that helped alot... just wish I had figured it out a little earlier in the day. I'm sure running on very little sleep didn't help either. My apologies to the workers in the 2nd group, I am working on taking steve's title away. :fight:
-Gary Mitchell
Custom Magnet Numbers and Vinyl Graphics! | Unofficial Points Standings
01' Honda S2000 -99 BSR
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
99' F250 Super Duty
91' SVT GEO Metro (24HhoursOfLemons!)
budjrfan

Post by budjrfan »

Budman wrote:That final turn might not be so bad in a rear-wheel drive car, but I just couldn't get the car to rotate there. :?

and as for you Mr. Munsey... :fight:

12 STX 94 John Wiser 1996 Saturn SC2 40.047
32 SM 196 Kelly Munsey 1996 Chevy Impala 42.240
PAX (Pantywastes Always using Xtreme) calculations to make themselves feel more manly. :mrgreen:
Kelly Munsey
scottgib wrote:On a course that Brown and I both ran about 30% in first gear, with one downshift, an Impala had FTD!!!!??? Still on that course, Kelly schooled us.
LeadSSled

Post by LeadSSled »

Very fun event. It nad been since March since I was able to autocross, so I felt pretty rusty. It still was a lot of fun even though Kelly beat me in my own car. ;)
Terry Kehne
SCCA #337340
1996 Impala SS - not stock SM96
2005 Dodge Magnum RT - bone stock
1997 VW Passat TDI - Sprint 520 nozzles, Stage 2 RocketChip tune
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Cummins

I drive a hybrid - it burns both gas and rubber.
Dstan

Post by Dstan »

Budman wrote:Well run event.....loved the course EXCEPT the final pi-cone right before the finish. I heard I can thank Robert for that painful agonizing finish. :P I hard a very hard time getting my head out of my anus which was evidenced by a cone on one run and then two DNF's after that. Thankfully Scott didn't take advantage of the opportunity to put some serious pressure on me. I loved watching the epic battle in STU....wish I had a STU car cause that would be a lot of fun to jump into that mix. Congrats Robert on your STU Championship! :rockon:

I was considering letting Rife co-drive my car next year if it went to FSP....not so sure now. Mass murdering cones I can deal with but not so sure on the off-road stuff....know whut I mean Vern? :lol: :fight:

Off road? wow was there a cone in the grass he had to hit :lol:

I hope everything turned out ok with that
David Stanford
PSTC 180 (disclaimer... this class is only valid on the discretion to the SCCA that change ST* rules every 5 minutes)
Tires 140 TW maybe legal tommorrow...WTF
budjrfan

Post by budjrfan »

Dstan wrote: Off road? wow was there a cone in the grass he had to hit :lol:

I hope everything turned out ok with that
actuall Mr. Allen will be getting an estimate of the damages tomorrow so he can forward the bill to Mr. Rife.

it appears alot of the damage occured when Mr. Rife went off roading and not when Mr. Allen plowed the curb at Pellissippi last weekend. :wink:
Kelly Munsey
steverife

Post by steverife »

HUGE thanks to Brad for not kicking me in the junk....and letting me drive the car.

Sorry for not being more organized for worker duties for the first heat. I was a little out of sorts after breaking my car and whatnot.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
TedV

Post by TedV »

thanks to all those responsible. :rockon:

The downshifts, esp for the finish were a LOT more fun once I found the WD-40 to lube the linkage. :oops: John W. you need to practice your rally turns. Sometimes you have to go right to make the car go left.

James, you left before I could see how you fit in the Ford. seems one of the Pro drivers fit.

Gary, about the lack of sleep, you are sounding more and more like Pilson and myself many years ago. be afraid... be very afraid. :lol:
Dstan wrote:
Off road? wow was there a cone in the grass he had to hit :lol:
actually ther was a lil stack of spare cones out in the grass. no cone is safe when Rife is driving. :shock:

I was talkin to a few folks discussing the Exlax smooth move of the day... I have a late entry. I was in a hurry to unload the CM so I could work on the Jetta before the sun went down. I got the car untied real quick and was rolling it off when I found out I forgot one important item. ramps were not down. :oops: :oops: :oops: But it's ok, the fiberglass side pod holding the radiator stopped it. :x :roll: time to whip out the epoxy and glass.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

Great run event. Ruby's is a totally different story. Remind me that we don't want to EVER eat there again.
2013 WRX