Kumho V700 AutoX tires for sale

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

Mother nature was against us.....

We worked the first heat (it was HOT and humid), wind picked up and the sky darkened just before the worker changeover. I got a dry run in, but it was spent scrubbing the dead rubber buildup off my new, used slicks. I think Chris got one run in before it started raining, and it was a DNF (the Locost is, umm, distracting the first few times you drive it). It started drizzling pretty well on my second run and I spun just before the exit. I attempted a third run (it was good and wet at this point), and spun off into the grass. Slicks won't work in the wet... even in the absence of standing water. There was some lightning in the area and they ended up calling the event off after waiting around for an hour to see if it would pass (it wasn't going anywhere)... which was fine with me, since we were finished anyway.

When I checked before, I had a mid-pack time (the run were I spun in front of the exit).

Oh, then we got to drive home in Noah's Own Flood (tm).

But, what can ya do? Can't control the weather... but don't feel bad if you didn't make it to Nashville yesterday :evil:

I did manage to scrub my slicks clean before the rain started, so at least I accomplished something.
- Dave Disney
Chadwick

Post by Chadwick »

whenry wrote:Not to burst Tony's bubble but arent the V710's on the unapproved list due to a tread separation issue. At one point, Khumo was ordered to confiscate all of them in circulation. Khumo may have resolved the issue but I'd check with SCCA first before I wrote the big check.

Actually it is the other way around, Kumho asked the SCCA to help them get all the sets back by removing their eligibility until they corrected the problem. The replacements are back in the country and the SCCA reinstated their eligibility on 07/07/04. Here is a link for your reference.

http://www.scca.com/News/News.asp?Ref=84
Dan Chadwick
TRSCCA Webmaster
BSP 92
96 Corvette LT4
steverife

Post by steverife »

disneyd wrote: When I checked before, I had a mid-pack time (the run were I spun in front of the exit).
i'm not used to looking for your name in the middle of the pack, i stopped looking when i was getting into GS and street tire guys. :)
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

ummm. I know I dnf 1 run cuz I couldn't find third gear and missed a slalom cone.. I though I got a time for the other...albeit slow. oh well.

Doesn't matter any way.

Downshift=spin in RWD car with hellacious power to wieght ratio. BTW if you gave Dave $20 to take you for a ride in that thing, it would not be a waste of money. :shock:

EDIT: nevermind, I just realized I dnf'd the other run because I completely blew by a cone in the other slalom because I tapped the throttle..

Like dave said....it is distracting the first few times you drive it. I think the hardest thing (besides figuring out how to get into 3rd) was the lack of power steering and power assisted brakes, since I am not used to it. Felt like I had to really muscle it to get it to turn.

I think I'll stick to AWD production cars for a while.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

disneyd wrote:the Locost is, umm, distracting the first few times you drive it.
Yeah, going from a Miata to the Locost at the Bristol Bash last year was amusing. My first impression was, WOW! I'm here already! :shock: ,when approaching the slalom that seemed to be a long way away from the start in everything else.

BTW, the second impression was :twisted:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

Sorry to hear bout sunday. Better weather for the skunk.
2013 WRX