directions to 411 speedway

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
mrsoul55

directions to 411 speedway

Post by mrsoul55 »

I need some good directions to 411 speedway from west Knoxville. Thanks everyone.
Jbgti

Post by Jbgti »

Not good giving directions but I will be leaving from West Knoxville also if you want to meet up somewhere? Just let me know.
03' VW GTI 1.8T
20th Anniv. IY
STS # 33
tnturbo

Post by tnturbo »

I am going to assume you know how to get to Chapman highway. Go down Chapman to Seymour. At the main intersection, there is an Exxon station on your right and it is just up from the Karaoke place. McDonalds is on the other side and to the left of the intersection. take a right at the light and go out that road maybe a mile or 2, I'm not positive how far. The next landmark to look for is a little gas station on the right. It is just after you top a hill. Turn in just past the gas station and you should see a sign that says Galaxy 411 go up that driveway and bear to the left at the fork and you will see where to go. If you go to the right you will end up at the dragstrip.
Last edited by tnturbo on Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff Miller
Steven

Post by Steven »

The gas station on 411 is on the right, not the left :wink:
tnturbo

Post by tnturbo »

I fixed it. Do you know how far it is from the intersection to the track entrance?
Jeff Miller
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

Thanks, guys. How about a little more info for us Knoxville idiots who haven't lived here all that long and are only familiar with the west and north areas. I'm talking about me! I guess I need to know which exit off of 40 I need to take to catch Chapman Hwy.
Hazman

Post by Hazman »

Exit 388 off of I-40. It is the US-441 S / Henley Street Exit

Try this if you need more info the dragstrip is right next door

http://www.411dragway.com/Directions/directions.html
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

Jbgti wrote:Not good giving directions but I will be leaving from West Knoxville also if you want to meet up somewhere? Just let me know.
Jason - Where would you like to meet up? I'm about 5 minutes from Mancino's - where those monthly meetings are - or I can meet anywhere out west.
LeadSSled

Post by LeadSSled »

I couldn't find a URL for 411 Speedway, but 411 Dragway has one and they are on the same property. Follow the "directions" link on the left.

http://411dragway.com/
Terry Kehne
SCCA #337340
1996 Impala SS - not stock SM96
2005 Dodge Magnum RT - bone stock
1997 VW Passat TDI - Sprint 520 nozzles, Stage 2 RocketChip tune
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Cummins

I drive a hybrid - it burns both gas and rubber.
Jbgti

Post by Jbgti »

mrsoul55 wrote:
Jbgti wrote:Not good giving directions but I will be leaving from West Knoxville also if you want to meet up somewhere? Just let me know.
Jason - Where would you like to meet up? I'm about 5 minutes from Mancino's - where those monthly meetings are - or I can meet anywhere out west.
hahha I actually live right by Mancino's. Actually by Catinella's if you know where that is? I'll be leaving around 7 - 7:15 We can meet at the Weigel's at Gallagher View and Middlebrook if you want? Do you have to change tires there?
03' VW GTI 1.8T
20th Anniv. IY
STS # 33
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

Jbgti wrote:
mrsoul55 wrote:
hahha I actually live right by Mancino's. Actually by Catinella's if you know where that is? I'll be leaving around 7 - 7:15 We can meet at the Weigel's at Gallagher View and Middlebrook if you want? Do you have to change tires there?
Jeez! I'm even closer to Cantinellas. The Weigels at Middlebrook and Gallher View will be groovy. Aren't we supposed to be there at 7? I'm not changing tires there. I'll do that tonight in my garage.
steverife

Post by steverife »

jb likes his sleep.

i live next to that weigel's and plan on leaving around 6:30, so that might be an option.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Tony,

Would I be able to head out to the 72 - 411 junction and turn left toward Maryville and get there that way?

Chris
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Jbgti

Post by Jbgti »

not cbring wrote:jb likes his sleep.

i live next to that weigel's and plan on leaving around 6:30, so that might be an option.
This is true but last time we got there at 7 ( and I was there on time, even beat Tony there!) we had to wait for the gates to be opened. Plus tech don't start till 8 -8:15 so I don't see a problem with leaving at 7. Should be there in plenty of time.

If you THINK we should leave a little earlier I have no problem with it. Just let me know what time.

Steve, you wanna follow us up there too?
03' VW GTI 1.8T
20th Anniv. IY
STS # 33
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

Jbgti wrote:
not cbring wrote:jb likes his sleep.

This is true but last time we got there at 7 ( and I was there on time, even beat Tony there!) we had to wait for the gates to be opened. Plus tech don't start till 8 -8:15 so I don't see a problem with leaving at 7. Should be there in plenty of time.

If you THINK we should leave a little earlier I have no problem with it. Just let me know what time.

Steve, you wanna follow us up there too?
I think leaving at 7 will be fine then. If none of us are changing tires we should have plenty of time.