Nashville this weekend, anyone, Bueller?

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
ConeJunkie

Post by ConeJunkie »

Will see you guys at 8 :mrgreen:
I am so good I will race you and only use one hand.
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

I am going to leave earlier in the morning. See you guys there.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

Well, Bueller didn't make it, but a bunch of us ETR guys and gals did. Where were you Bueller, playing hookie again?

BTW Chris, thanks for picking up my water sprayer. Please bring it next week if you have room and remember it. I was a little out of it after my last run. It was good, but could have been better. I came close, but didn't beat the GS SVT Focus. That guy has gotten better. I did not come close to the HS Eclipse. He was amazing.

I don't have all the results, but the Tiger won SM handily. Mark P. seemed to get a handle on his new setup, and the rest of were respectible. The Onk's Vette was fun to watch.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

I may have taken SM, but I took it "you know where" from alota cars that I shoulda beat. I basically wasted my tires for the 2nd heat. I had some fun, but I think that was the first Nashville course that I've ever actually not had fun running. Just wasnt my taste for some reason. Maybe last events course spoiled me. :)
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Forget some stinkin' race tires.

Easiest way to gain 3 seconds? Take a ride with the Tiger. 59.5 best run in the morning. After riding with Tony, pulled a 56.8.

Tony, I got a whiskey glass and gave the Rifeonator your mug.

Scott, I should have your sprayer on Tuesday at the meeting.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
LeadSSled

Post by LeadSSled »

I had a great time yesterday. The SSLed is a little weight handicapped, but I managed to get her down to a 59.8 on street tires. That was 1.9 seconds quicker than the other Impala on V700s. This was my first Nashville event and I really enjoyed it. I'll have to do this again.

I gotta get me a C5 or C6. I wonder if my boy would mind taking a few semesters off of college...

BTW - What is this "meeting on Tuesday"??? Does the ETR group meet on a regular basis? Give me the details. IF you don't mind a newbie, I would like to participate once in a while.

Terry
Terry Kehne
SCCA #337340
1996 Impala SS - not stock SM96
2005 Dodge Magnum RT - bone stock
1997 VW Passat TDI - Sprint 520 nozzles, Stage 2 RocketChip tune
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Cummins

I drive a hybrid - it burns both gas and rubber.
steverife

Post by steverife »

sorry to those that waited for me at the meet-up spot. i'll try to communicate my plans better next time.

as far as the event, i had a blast. like i posted on the local vw board, if you had HALF as much fun as me, you had a pretty good day. it was one of those days that reminded me why i spend money and time on this hobby. the course was fast, yet challenging and i had a blast comparing times with Scott and Harp all day. i'm fairly happy with how i performed, but i know that i left a lot of time out on the course -- which in itself, i find exciting. i'm real happy with my car thus far. :D

edit: oh, and terry, ETR meeting first tuesday every month at 7 pm at the Mancino's on the corner of Cedar Bluff & Middlebrook. its in the same shopping center as a Kroger's. if you want to eat, show up a few minutes early to place an order.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

The primary purpose of the meeting is the bored, uh board, meeting. :wink:

BTW, this board member probably won't be making this one.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story