It's here! It's here!

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Williampreza

It's here! It's here!

Post by Williampreza »

New clutch (and flywheel) arrived today. It will be installed on Thursday by Danny Treece at City Limits Motors (former Subaru dealership mechanic). This is apparently the guy who replaced Kunk's tranny (correct me if I'm wrong). I will report on how good a job he does when I spank everyone on the 12th :twisted: . It could happen...really... :roll:
Will Lavender
#44 HS Nissan Frontier?
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

That's the place I was thinking of. I couldn't remember the name.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Williampreza

Post by Williampreza »

Yup, that's the way I found it. I found the high school and looked beside it. Of course, that didn't work quite right, and I almost ended up with a double-wide (nice porch though). :P
Will Lavender
#44 HS Nissan Frontier?
OvenMitts

Post by OvenMitts »

Those are good guys there.
They came and picked up my completely stripped (wheel-less) wrecked WRX for free after I was done with it.
Hope the install goes well.
Matt Tomlinson
1996 Subenstein
2002 Golf TDI
Williampreza

Post by Williampreza »

UPDATE: The clutch is in and it's great! Total budget- $800 for clutch/flywheel combo from Boxer4racing + $263 (including tax) for installation from City limits motors = $1063.

As great as this upgrade is, I would have rather spent the money on some suspension/tires and wheels. The car is much easier to rev match when downshifting (not necessary for auto-x, but might be useful for when I start roadracing :lol: ) and the increased torque capacity is a necessary expense with the engine upgrades (current and future :twisted: ). The most noticeable change is that my car cranks like a sportbike now.
Will Lavender
#44 HS Nissan Frontier?