FS: Cusco front swaybar and Perrin Short shifter

Items Wanted, Forsale, or For Trade
Williampreza

FS: Cusco front swaybar and Perrin Short shifter

Post by Williampreza »

For Sale:

Cusco 21mm front swaybar, fits 02-03 WRX sedan. Includes high density bushings. Removed from my wagon b/c of fitment issues (narrow track on wagon) and b/c the wagon already has a 20mm front sway. In excellent condition. SOLD.
:D OMG I finally sold something!

Perrin short shifter, fits 02-03 Impreza, possibly other vehicles also. I would post a pic of this, but I'm working from a wyse terminal right now (maybe later). Also in excellent condition, also make offer.

PM me if you're interested in either or both of these.
Last edited by Williampreza on Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will Lavender
#44 HS Nissan Frontier?
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

Will that shifter work on a '02 WRX? How does it compare to the stock Subaru short shifter? I have a buddy who might want it.
- Dave Disney
Williampreza

Post by Williampreza »

Yes it will work on the '02. Here's a link to the Perrin webpage for it. This is not a shortshifter in the traditional sense, but rather a collar that allows you to adjust your stock shifter, thus allowing you to retain the stock shifter's vibration dampening characteristics blah blah blah... Some people like it a lot, I didn't, but if your friend wants to try it out before he buys, that's quite alright.
Will Lavender
#44 HS Nissan Frontier?
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

Whay are you selling the short shifter? Does it come w/the bushings also? and...Around about figure you were wanting for it. Thanks.
2013 WRX
Williampreza

Post by Williampreza »

I don't like the way the Perrin short shifter works. It shortens the shift, but the throw effort is increased. You also have to modify the metal ring around the shifter to get the shortest (practical) shift distance. As I understand it, this is the case with some of the other short shifters as well.

I do have shifter bushings on my car, but I really like them. I'm only selling the bushings for the front swaybar, with the swaybar. Besides, you can get the shifter bushings new for like $30, which is well worth it.

The shifter cost me $75, about 10,000 miles ago. Due to the nature of the shifter, it really doesn't wear at all. I think I could let it go with good conscience for about 1/2 price.

Here are some pictures:

ImageImage
Will Lavender
#44 HS Nissan Frontier?
Williampreza

Post by Williampreza »

Bump for a short shifter. :)
Will Lavender
#44 HS Nissan Frontier?