October 9th Meet & Greet/Car Show @ Earl Duff Subaru in

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
thrdeye

October 9th Meet & Greet/Car Show @ Earl Duff Subaru in

Post by thrdeye »

Wanted to let everyone know about this little get together at the best local dealership we have here in East TN - Earl Duff.

Some of the Subaru higher-ups will be there and I'm looking for your help....all you have to do is show up for just a few minutes. The dealership owner is using this event to really guage the interest in the performance/tuning/autocross Subaru community.....maybe starting up a 'performance parts department' or something.....but I'm really not sure. The event is Saturday October 9th from 9AM - 1PM.

I hope a bunch of you will show up. I won't be able to make it unfortunately, due to participating in the Subaru Challenge in Jacksonville.

You can even register for this event by going to myautoevents.com
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
TonyBolton

Re: October 9th Meet & Greet/Car Show @ Earl Duff Subaru

Post by TonyBolton »

I'll go and tell them that you are in desperate need of some NOS 2N'ing and an FMU. Youll run 9's then!
Williampreza

Post by Williampreza »

Only if I can get a D*&%n hat! :evil:

Edit: For got I work on Saturdays. ( :evil: again) Get me a D*&%n hat.
:P
Will Lavender
#44 HS Nissan Frontier?
ImpressvRS

Post by ImpressvRS »

:D This will be an excellent way for Subaru to see how many owners are actual enthusiasts. It's one thing to simply "own" a Subaru but something else entirely when it seems like a religion to you. There should be plenty of cool Subarus there(Chris Harp's included)and it should be fun for the kids as well.
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
STS 70
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

ImpressvRS wrote:There should be plenty of cool Subarus there(Chris Harp's included)
Thanks,

But skunk will be racing.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Williampreza

Post by Williampreza »

I have to work, get me a hat! :x

...please. :)
Will Lavender
#44 HS Nissan Frontier?
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Just keeping this on the top. This would really be a good thing for the Subaru guys to attend. If we make an impressive showing, this could go a long way to getting more enthusiasm from Subaru dealers in the area which in turn would help the Subaru owners that are motorsports enthusiasts.

I'll be there and I don't even own a Subaru!
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

I will definately be there.

And William go to the subaru challenge and you will get a hat, backpack, small diacast toys, shirt, stickers, autox your car, autox the new legacy sedan and wagon (the wagon was awesome).....need I say more?
2013 WRX
tscott

Post by tscott »

So how did you and Jason do?
Tyler Scott
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

Not very good at all :x .....the weather was horrible...poured all morning with a whole lot of wind.....great subaru weather....other than that was a great time
2013 WRX
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

Oh yeah I think I got 10th and not sure where Jb got (somewhere after me :D )
2013 WRX
Jbgti

Post by Jbgti »

gbwrx wrote:Oh yeah I think I got 10th and not sure where Jb got (somewhere after me :D )
I think I came in around 12th. I had the Gebster beat until his last run :P The weather was horrible! We couldn't really walk the course from the the rain and wind. I had an umbrella but it broke due to being blown inside out too many times so I couldn't see crap out of my glasses. This was the worst weather that I have ever auto crossed in. We tried adjusting the air pressure's but never got them set correctly. I didn't think I could push an awd like that. I had a good time though, got ALOT of free stuff. Even got a nice hat and I don't even own a Subaru :lol: Oh and the hotel we stayed at had a night club with a $6.00 cover ALL YOU CAN DRINK from 8-10 pm :twisted: :twisted:

Hopefully the weather in Atl will be alot nicer than it was this past wekend!
03' VW GTI 1.8T
20th Anniv. IY
STS # 33
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

That may have been a better explanation than mine.
2013 WRX
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Just bumping this back up. There are only 4 entries on myautoevents.com and that includes me. We have several Subaru owners on here. You guys need to get registered and go. You need to register instead of just showing up. Again, this could become something great for the Subaru owners in the area that are into motorsports. If you are concerned about backlash from Subaru dealers about motorsports activities, I have been assured by the regional guy (who will be at the show) that this is not an issue with Subaru. Come meet everyone and express your concerns and/or enthusiasm. Contact me if you have any questions about what is going on. DSP33 at prodigy dot net.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Leadfoot

Post by Leadfoot »

I registered...didn't realize it was on myautoevents.com.

So are we all planning to be there at 10, or just dropping by randomly. I think a show of force would be better.

Mine'll be clean inside and out, but it probably won't be concours-ready.