HPDE, Oct 14th, Nashville (NSS) - it's closing too.

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Pewter Sonoma

HPDE, Oct 14th, Nashville (NSS) - it's closing too.

Post by Pewter Sonoma »

NSS is closing, so this could be the last time to do a HPDE there. Note, OCT 14th is a Friday.

Details:
http://tracksunlimited.net/

I did a track day last year @ NSS through trackunlimited and it was a blast. NSS has several good turns, and 130mph+ on the front stretch. You miatias may even see north of 95mph. :D

If you ran an autocross event there, you have SEEN the track and speed potential, now drive it for hours instead of just a few runs! You will get plenty of seat time!

I'll likely schedule a caravan if enough go. Bolton - you up for this one?
2011 ETR SCCA never made it to an event Champion
2001 Camaro SS Convertible - LS1, 6-speed, GMPP HotCam, Full Exhaust, Konis, Springs, Sways, Roll Cage, Wilwood Brakes.
01badz28

Re: HPDE, Oct 14th, Nashville (NSS) - it's closing too.

Post by 01badz28 »

What is the latest you can commit to one of these? I should have the car track ready (brembos and dry sump) by the end of September, but I don't want to put money down until I know I have a ride.
Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

I may be at the NASA event earlier in October, but if everything is well behaved, two weeks is usually an OK turn-around time. 8)
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
youtube.com/lapoftheworld
steverife

Post by steverife »

Kinda want to do one of these. Kinda don't want to do one of these in the CRX.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
TennTechMan

Post by TennTechMan »

Time to buy another car? I wouldn't really suggest using your Mazda over the CRX.

If you do use the CRX, your instructer will love that passenger seat.
Aaron Carroll

STM 11 - 91 Geo Metro
Lead Engineer of the Knoxvegas Lowballers
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

I've marked this one on the calendar. Unless something stupid pops up, I should be in.
2007 STI Limited #576, The Gentleman's STI, er Mistress, FOR SALE
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
Pewter Sonoma

Post by Pewter Sonoma »

01badz28 wrote:What is the latest you can commit to one of these? I should have the car track ready (brembos and dry sump) by the end of September, but I don't want to put money down until I know I have a ride.
Registration is not even open yet. I think I signed up 2 weeks out for the last one. You should be fine. I'm going to up as soon as it's open.
2001 Camaro SS Convertible - LS1, 6-speed, GMPP HotCam, Full Exhaust, Konis, Springs, Sways, Roll Cage, Wilwood Brakes.
PushinTheLimit

Post by PushinTheLimit »

I won't be doing the TracksUnlimited event at NSS. But I do plan to go to the Music City Mustang Club event at NSS that will be held on September 16th-17th. I'll be going only for Saturday the 17th to test out my new brake setup and how well it holds up during a full session. Its a good bang for your buck deal with one day for $125 and $50 extra if you want a garage spot.

I'm racing with Nasa October 1st-2nd as that might be the last race held there for awhile. They also have HPDE stuff that weekend so its not just a racing only thing.
Michael Smith
C5 Z06
ST2 #10
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

200$ is just too expensive for me. The MCMC is on the money at 125 bucks, so i'll stick with that.
Pewter Sonoma

Post by Pewter Sonoma »

TonyBolton wrote:200$ is just too expensive for me. The MCMC is on the money at 125 bucks, so i'll stick with that.
You know, I emailed tracksunlimited and asked why the price went up, and they said it's always been $199, but I swear when we did the March 2010 event, it was cheaper AND on a Saturday. They say otherwise, but I think they are wrong.
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

I think back then it was 150 bucks....I think. They're probably just trying to cover the cost of insurance as i'm sure the MCMC can "borrow" a lil' more from their sponsors.
Pewter Sonoma

Post by Pewter Sonoma »

maybe, but I want a garage spot too, so there is only a $15 difference between the two, so no big deal.
Pewter Sonoma

Post by Pewter Sonoma »

I might have spoken too soon! I hurt my knee and I'm getting an MRI on Friday....looking like ACL though. Not sure what that will do for me racing.
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

Pewter Sonoma wrote:I might have spoken too soon! I hurt my knee and I'm getting an MRI on Friday....looking like ACL though. Not sure what that will do for me racing.
:evil: :? Wow, that sucks! I hope it's not a torn ACL. A friend of mine was playing basketball, tore one. Healed to 90%. Went back to b-ball, tore the other one. :?
2007 STI Limited #576, The Gentleman's STI, er Mistress, FOR SALE
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
Pewter Sonoma

Post by Pewter Sonoma »

SilverMaxima wrote:
Pewter Sonoma wrote:I might have spoken too soon! I hurt my knee and I'm getting an MRI on Friday....looking like ACL though. Not sure what that will do for me racing.
:evil: :? Wow, that sucks! I hope it's not a torn ACL. A friend of mine was playing basketball, tore one. Healed to 90%. Went back to b-ball, tore the other one. :?
I was playing football at the time. I had part of my meniscus removed on my other knee back in April. They were feeling fine when we started playing and it just gave out. I went to KOC's walk in clinic on Monday and the PA thought it was ACL. MRI on Friday will tell what it really is. Get the results a week from today, Wednesday.