The Official 2011-12 Off Season Plans thread!

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
steverife

The Official 2011-12 Off Season Plans thread!

Post by steverife »

I know that we've still got a lot of folks with a big weekend planned for this weekend, and some championships to win the following weekend, and a few more events here and there, but...

I know that I'm not the only one that has started daydreaming about the off-season and next year! What do you have planned?

For me/us, the big ticket item is shocks. Beyond that, it is the never ending maintanence of racing a 20+ year old 300k mile shitbox, and some setup changes and maybe a few other things. If I can figure out how to justify it and can pop a quick grand on the market, I'd like a longtube, though it would probably make passing sound an issue...
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
MARKP

Re: The Official 2011-12 Off Season Plans thread!

Post by MARKP »

My off season plans consist mostly of unbuilding the CRX and putting it back into stock form for sale, then selling all the hotrod stuff, unless someone is interested in buying it as is. I kind of hate to get rid of it but the cars are going to start multiplying if I don't thin the herd.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Probably wheels and tires, but depending upon what happens with the rules, it may be some good street tires and the addition of a rear swaybar
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
steverife

Post by steverife »

MARKP wrote:My off season plans consist mostly of unbuilding the CRX and putting it back into stock form for sale, then selling all the hotrod stuff, unless someone is interested in buying it as is. I kind of hate to get rid of it but the cars are going to start multiplying if I don't thin the herd.
Someone please go GP with this...
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
eunos735

Post by eunos735 »

New motor, new gear set in the trans(think 73mph in 2nd :) ), 125-150 more HP, 100lbs weight loss, 1" wider wheels, front splitter and more rear wing.
SSM 96/196
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

steverife wrote:
MARKP wrote:My off season plans consist mostly of unbuilding the CRX and putting it back into stock form for sale, then selling all the hotrod stuff, unless someone is interested in buying it as is. I kind of hate to get rid of it but the cars are going to start multiplying if I don't thin the herd.
GP suspension is already on the car. (hint, hint)
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
thewelder

Post by thewelder »

I would like new tires on wider wheels, more power, underbody ground effects, wings, and go over the chassis real good. That is if Suzuki gives me any money.
If not I will give it a good going over, redo the brakes( didn't work well at the last race), and get new tires on my current wheels. Chad
*Chad Summey*

E mod 78 lotus seven clone.
01badz28

Post by 01badz28 »

Finish last years mods, actually run some events.
Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3
Knox MSP

Post by Knox MSP »

Downpipe and dyno tune. Then the car is pretty much done for a while. May try to sell it next year for a new project.
Joe Delligatti
2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege
#46 SM
LeadSSled

Post by LeadSSled »

MARKP wrote:
steverife wrote:
GP suspension is already on the car. (hint, hint)
Not that I'm buying, but I didn't spot an ad for this car in the Classifieds. Did I miss it?
Terry Kehne
SCCA #337340
1996 Impala SS - not stock SM96
2005 Dodge Magnum RT - bone stock
1997 VW Passat TDI - Sprint 520 nozzles, Stage 2 RocketChip tune
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Cummins

I drive a hybrid - it burns both gas and rubber.
Dentspeed

Post by Dentspeed »

Work on the kart a bit. I have a shimmy on braking, poss need new rotors. Drain and clean carb. Clean and inspect everything.

The GP idea is a good one. Someone should try it.
2010 MINI Cooper S, DS
Trey
TennTechMan

Post by TennTechMan »

In addition to what Steve mentioned about the CRX, the Lightning will be getting some work. I've been saving up some parts the last few months. I'm going to do an electric cooling fan conversion, add 2 more psi of boost, port the supercharger and intake, make a panhard bar, re-tune (possibly with a Moates quarter horse), Dynomat the cab, and possibly look into some quieter mufflers if the Dynomat doesn't make a huge improvement. I also plan to get an additional pulley ring to run stock or just over stock boost, and build a towing tune for towing the CRX. I might make some underbody aero covers.

Finally got my Kosei K1's for the Focus. I need to strip the lime green paint off of them, and paint them (color yet to be determined). Then I need to decide whether or not to keep them.
Aaron Carroll

STM 11 - 91 Geo Metro
Lead Engineer of the Knoxvegas Lowballers
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

Build additional garage, fix MR2 in said garage, paint MR2 in garage, maybe start building something interesting in garage. No clue what yet. Replace NSX's brake rotors (already in hand), battery terminal connections, and maybe another odd or end, but nothing serious unless I also win the lottery in the mean time.
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
youtube.com/lapoftheworld
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

Wheelman_13 wrote:Build additional garage, fix MR2 in said garage, paint MR2 in garage, maybe start building something interesting in garage. No clue what yet. Replace NSX's brake rotors (already in hand), battery terminal connections, and maybe another odd or end, but nothing serious unless I also win the lottery in the mean time.
See GP Car Above :lol2:

My plans? Buy a new truck to tow with and continue fixing up the trailer. Also, sell some of my cars to make room... Anyone need a raced out kia, 79 mg, or an 82 f150??
-Gary Mitchell
Custom Magnet Numbers and Vinyl Graphics! | Unofficial Points Standings
01' Honda S2000 -99 BSR
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
99' F250 Super Duty
91' SVT GEO Metro (24HhoursOfLemons!)
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

My plans... Hmmm...

Figure out the future of The Gentleman's STI, er, Mistress... :roll:
2007 STI Limited #576, The Gentleman's STI, er Mistress, FOR SALE
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random