Drivers needed for 24 Hours of LeMons

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
GaryM

Drivers needed for 24 Hours of LeMons

Post by GaryM »

I'm needing a few more drivers for the March 2-4th event at CMP. This event is the FULL track, not the partial they have run in the past. If you have interest in doing this let me know, I need to have committals THIS weekend in order to have a team together in time.

This is the most seat time you can get for the $$ and is an absolute TON of fun.

Expect to contribute around $500 before feb. 250 of that is needed this week. ($200 to me for entry fees, $50 for your lemons comp license)

Safety gear, lodging, food and booze for the weekend will be additional. I may be able to get some rental race suits from other drivers at a discount if you do not want to buy your own gear.

PM me for more details.
Last edited by GaryM on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Gary Mitchell
Custom Magnet Numbers and Vinyl Graphics! | Unofficial Points Standings
01' Honda S2000 -99 BSR
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
99' F250 Super Duty
91' SVT GEO Metro (24HhoursOfLemons!)
John Brown

Re: Drivers needed for 24 Hours of LeMons

Post by John Brown »

count me in btw.
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
integra55

Post by integra55 »

99KiaSephia wrote:I'm needing a few more drivers for the March 2-4th event at CMP. This event is the FULL track, not the partial they have run in the past. If you have interest in doing this let me know, I need to have committals THIS weekend in order to have a team together in time.

This is the most seat time you can get for the $$ and is an absolute TON of fun.

PM me for more details.
since I'm too far away to be much help ... how much $$$ just to drive ?
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

This is another thing on my To-Do List of Racing... :mrgreen:

But now is not a good time $$$$. :cry:
2007 STI Limited #576, The Gentleman's STI, er Mistress, FOR SALE
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

how much do we need?????
Bob Colbert
Pewter Sonoma

Post by Pewter Sonoma »

U got a PM.

I'm not growing a stache!
2011 ETR SCCA never made it to an event Champion
2001 Camaro SS Convertible - LS1, 6-speed, GMPP HotCam, Full Exhaust, Konis, Springs, Sways, Roll Cage, Wilwood Brakes.
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

Expect to contribute around $500 before feb. 250 of that is needed this week.

Safety gear, lodging, food and booze for the weekend will be additional.

And... Stash is mandatory. Fake is acceptable but it better be epic.
-Gary Mitchell
01' Honda S2000 -99 BSR
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
99' F250 Super Duty
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

99KiaSephia wrote:And... Stash is mandatory. Fake is acceptable but it better be epic.
:lol2: :rockon:
2007 STI Limited #576, The Gentleman's STI, er Mistress, FOR SALE
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
eunos735

Post by eunos735 »

A few questions?

1) Whats the car you are using, have you reviewed the rule changes for this year and are you sure it will pass tech? (Specifically the cage)
2) What wheels and tires are you using I have about 10 wheels and 20 tires from my lemon.
3) How many drivers do you need?
4) Are you serious about trying to win or are you just wanting to have fun?

All the best
Eric

And I have the hair covered.
SSM 96/196
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

[quote="oldmuscle69"]how much do we need?????[/ Im hoping to buy a car,If that happens I'm out .Since I may need to keep looking I'm really out .Thanks Gary.
Bob Colbert
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

eunos735 wrote:A few questions?
1) Whats the car you are using, have you reviewed the rule changes for this year and are you sure it will pass tech? (Specifically the cage)
2) What wheels and tires are you using I have about 10 wheels and 20 tires from my lemon.
1. 92 Mercedes 300E. The only rule changes I know of were the fixed back seat, dash cut off switch, and welded in cage. which we already meet. Have I missed any?
2. Mercedes 16" wheels with (will be buying) star specs. About 10 spares with assorted tires on them.
3. Maybe 2, maybe none. Have a few pending drivers. But with this deadline, until I see money... all spots are considered open.
4. I think if you go to LeMons serious to win, you have missed the point. Having fun is a must. On that note, the car is pretty quick. Our biggest hickup last time was terrible pit times, which will be improved this time, for sure. Barring any incidents, breakdowns, and terrible pits, I think the car is capable of a top 5 finish all while putting on a show for the crowd.
-Gary Mitchell
01' Honda S2000 -99 BSR
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
99' F250 Super Duty
eunos735

Post by eunos735 »

99KiaSephia wrote:
eunos735 wrote:A few questions?
1. 92 Mercedes 300E. The only rule changes I know of were the fixed back seat, dash cut off switch, and welded in cage. which we already meet. Have I missed any?
No you had them covered. I just wanted to make sure you were aware of the new cage requirements. And coo choice on car by the way.

2. Mercedes 16" wheels with (will be buying) star specs. About 10 spares with assorted tires on them.
Well that stinks. I was hopping I could contribute wheels and tires.

3. Maybe 2, maybe none. Have a few pending drivers. But with this deadline, until I see money... all spots are considered open.
Well let me know when you know if you have a spot. It's kinda hard to send someone money when you don't know if you have a spot or not :)

4. I think if you go to LeMons serious to win, you have missed the point. Having fun is a must. On that note, the car is pretty quick. Our biggest hickup last time was terrible pit times, which will be improved this time, for sure. Barring any incidents, breakdowns, and terrible pits, I think the car is capable of a top 5 finish all while putting on a show for the crowd.
I think if you are going to race you should at least try to win. I get it for a lot of people this is the only way they car run wheel to wheel but finishing at the back of the pack in anything is never as fun as finishing up front. I get the terrible pit times. I kicked two guys off our LeMons team last year because they would only drive the car for 30min at a time, they got a ton of black flags and they couldn't/wouldn't work on the car. To be competitive at an event like this you have got to lose the mentality that its a 13.5 hour race so an extra min or two in the pits is no big deal...every second spent not turning laps is a big deal.

I have a bolt in cage in my car...it has been EXTENSIVELY modified and "might" pass the new rules but the rule change has me thinking about going a different direction with the car all together.
SSM 96/196
steverife

Post by steverife »

I'm certain that Gary and whoever drives with him will try to do their best and have the ultimate goal of a win, but keeping your expectations in check generally makes for a better experience. Besides, it is hard to plan to win when you don't even know if you have a team...
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

I think I would love to do this, but paying for it with no promise of turning a lap is scary to me.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

thrdeye wrote:I think I would love to do this, but paying for it with no promise of turning a lap is scary to me.
did I miss summin.....?
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C