Tex Turner Arena parking lot at LMU in Harrogate, TN

Discussion of the search for new Solo II pavement.
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

:lol2:
- Dave Disney
Williampreza

Post by Williampreza »

You two spend too much time online. :?
Will Lavender
#44 HS Nissan Frontier?
steverife

Post by steverife »

I'd kind of held off on this because Scott had expressed concerns that this place is too far away, but I can try to make a call or two when their offices open back up for the spring semester.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

not cbring wrote:I'd kind of held off on this because Scott had expressed concerns that this place is too far away...
I believe in the philosophy of, "if you build it. they will come". If this is as good as it sounds, who cares where it is.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

Mapquest shows Harrogate at about 70 miles from downtown Knoxville. I'd travel if the lot looks as good as the picture.
- Dave Disney
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

Well, on second thought, I guess I'd travel anyway, since I'm running timing ;)

Lets just say I'd be happy to travel!
- Dave Disney
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

disneyd wrote:Mapquest shows Harrogate at about 70 miles from downtown Knoxville. I'd travel if the lot looks as good as the picture.
That's really no further than it is to Mecco or Taylor White. I travel 90 miles to each of those.
'02 Civic Si
HS #96
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

First, I have made contact and they are open to have us there. I am going to make a trip up there to talk with them about logistics, take some pictures, and draw a map of the lots. They keep the arena open 24/7 and we will have to accomodate that for exercisers. So we can't have all of both lots.

As for the distance, it is 65 miles from the intersection of I-640 and Broadway, or 75 from my place in Farragut. Evidently the best way is up hwy 33 through Taswell, then hwy 25 to Harrogate.

More tomorrow night. :D
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

The back lot is pretty big. There's room to keep the rear lot open and to use for padock. It would be easy to keep 2 lanes open down one side to the rear lot. Kinda like we did at Taylor-White. I think it's perfect and I would gladly drive that far. :rockon:
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

I personally think we should just have the exercisers change tires and shag cones to get there workout done. If they need to get in a heavy workout, they can push my car to grid to cut down on the heat soak.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

thrdeye wrote:I personally think we should just have the exercisers change tires and shag cones to get there workout done. If they need to get in a heavy workout, they can push my car to grid to cut down on the heat soak.
I'd gladly change some tires instead of standing out in the heat fetching cones! As long as that counted as my work duty.
'02 Civic Si
HS #96
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

I like it for sure...I live in Maynardville,this would by far be the closest event for me.
whenry

Post by whenry »

I just heard John Brown volunteer to Chair the event and be responsible for trailer duty. He can just pick it up from work on Fri/Sat and bring it back on Mon.
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

whenry wrote:I just heard John Brown volunteer to Chair the event and be responsible for trailer duty. He can just pick it up from work on Fri/Sat and bring it back on Mon.
This is going really well!!! :lol:

John, there aren't many places to eat in Harrogate. Could you bring some sandwiches :?:
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

CABoegemann wrote:John, there aren't many places to eat in Harrogate. Could you bring some sandwiches :?:
I thought we were responsible for our own lunches but that John was hosting dinner for us at his house. :twisted:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story