Starting early om 7/22 @ Pelli!

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
NEVRLIFTLIN

Starting early om 7/22 @ Pelli!

Post by NEVRLIFTLIN »

Due to the extreme summer heat, we will be starting the next event EARLY!!!!
First car off BY 10:00!!!! Maybe earlier IF possible! This will hopefully get us out before it gets too hot. We may need to consider 4 runs instead of 5-6 runs depending on what the heat index may be. Im just concerned about heat exhaustion/heat stroke. More details soon!
~~~Lin Cox~~~
1990 Mazada Miata
ZOOM-ZOOM

Secretary
Travel Agent
Social Director
Event Planner
๐Ÿค—๐Ÿพ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿš˜๐ŸŽต๐Ÿ
rainamethyst

Re: Starting early om 7/22 @ Pelli!

Post by rainamethyst »

10-4 , what time should we be there?

Mike Koty
STS 22
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

^ The registration page lists the schedule with FCO at 11 AM. With moving FCO to 10AM, basically everything else gets moved up an hour.
2007 STI Limited #576, The Gentleman's STI, er Mistress, FOR SALE
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
NEVRLIFTLIN

Post by NEVRLIFTLIN »

Its.my understanxing tbe reazon why we started @the 11harps waa due to the church was having services and they could hear the cars. Now thsy are meeting in another part of Pelli. I think qe as a club need to be flexible espically where the weather is concerned and the safety of the racers/spectators.o I will aak the board what needs to be done..o
~~~Lin Cox~~~
1990 Mazada Miata
ZOOM-ZOOM

Secretary
Travel Agent
Social Director
Event Planner
๐Ÿค—๐Ÿพ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿš˜๐ŸŽต๐Ÿ
NEVRLIFTLIN

Post by NEVRLIFTLIN »

Its.my understanxing tbe reazon why we started @the 11harps waa due to the church was having services and they could hear the cars. Now thsy are meeting in another part of Pelli. I think qe as a club need to be flexible espically where the weather is concerned and the safety of the racers/spectators.o I will aak the board what needs to be done..o
~~~Lin Cox~~~
1990 Mazada Miata
ZOOM-ZOOM

Secretary
Travel Agent
Social Director
Event Planner
๐Ÿค—๐Ÿพ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿš˜๐ŸŽต๐Ÿ
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

^ Yeah, someone mentioned that the church was the reason, but now it was no longer an issue. With that said, I know they have their service in the Goins admin building before 10:30AM, as I/you can hear them when going to the bathrooms around that time.
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

NEVRLIFTLIN wrote:Its.my understanxing tbe reazon why we started @the 11harps waa due to the church was having services and they could hear the cars. Now thsy are meeting in another part of Pelli. I think qe as a club need to be flexible espically where the weather is concerned and the safety of the racers/spectators.o I will aak the board what needs to be done..o
Friends don't let friends post drunk.

It's really just the call of the event chair. If they want to start early, that should not be a problem and the chair needs to make sure the workers are notified as well as the competitors. As long as schedule changes are communicated well in advance of the event, there isn't really anything to worry about. By the time starting this event early was a consideration, it was too late to post a schedule change.

I would even say we should consider a night event at pellissippi. The lighting there is pretty good.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

thrdeye wrote:
I would even say we should consider a night event at pellissippi. The lighting there is pretty good.
That'd be pretty cool (figuratively and hopefully literally).
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
youtube.com/lapoftheworld
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

Wheelman_13 wrote:
thrdeye wrote:
X2

:lol: @ posting drunk
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Has anyone talked to someone at the church? I noticed they seemed to be starting earlier as well. I was curious if they did that to avoid conflicting with us.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
J306SPD

Post by J306SPD »

Im ready to go day, night, lighfs, no lights, happy , sad... I'm ready :)

I want the hell out of texas :eating:
Matt McCauley
STM#77
CobraJim

Post by CobraJim »

SilverMaxima wrote:
Wheelman_13 wrote:
thrdeye wrote:
X2

:lol: @ posting drunk
x3
Jim Simmons
6 xp, em, stm
Novice Chair
NEVRLIFTLIN

Post by NEVRLIFTLIN »

thrdeye wrote:
NEVRLIFTLIN wrote:Its.my understanxing tbe reazon why we started @the 11harps waa due to the church was having services and they could hear the cars. Now thsy are meeting in another part of Pelli. I think qe as a club need to be flexible espically where the weather is concerned and the safety of the racers/spectators.o I will aak the board what needs to be done..o
Friends don't let friends post drunk.

It's really just the call of the event chair. If they want to start early, that should not be a problem and the chair needs to make sure the workers are notified as well as the competitors. As long as schedule changes are communicated well in advance of the event, there isn't really anything to worry about. By the time starting this event early was a consideration, it was too late to post a schedule change.

LMAO! :shock: I was not drunk...HONEST! I was using my cell phone when I posted this and just read your post Harp! :oops: ....I need to have an alert on my laptop when I mis spell.....

Who is going to update the info page of the sites we do race @ and so on???? It is somewhat outdated......

I really like the idea of having a night event..... :D
~~~Lin Cox~~~
1990 Mazada Miata
ZOOM-ZOOM

Secretary
Travel Agent
Social Director
Event Planner
๐Ÿค—๐Ÿพ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿš˜๐ŸŽต๐Ÿ
integra55

Post by integra55 »

I know I'll be out voted here .. but I'm not in favor of a night event ... too far to drive home late at night ... a non-points event ..sure.. hope you do it 'cause night events are a blast ...

the ones over here tend to finish up somewhere around 10pm or later ... then it's still pack up and drive ~ 3 hrs ... :(
โ€œThe problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.โ€

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
steverife

Post by steverife »

The couple of times I've autocrossed at night, I couldn't see crap. PSTCC is well lit at night, but "well lit" and "able to see 3 elements ahead as I'm banging the limiter at 60 mph" are very different.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97