Re: Post Chilhowee Event...

Post by thrdeye »

FYI - Team Results :fight: :fight:

Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Nice job with the event Chris and Dave. I know there was a lot of work involved in getting this off the ground.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

I had a great time there and would run again... but I have to say,the only thing that was out of line was "working on a car on course during official runs" That took an hour that greatly affected the remaiming drivers... Im not totally sure that is within the ruleset... That car could have been pushed,drug.or towed off course into a safe area in 10 minutes and runs resumed... This should never happen in the futere IMHO... YMMV otherwise... and great event,and we should make that place a regular venue.
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

How about a cone count for the challenge part??
yellow99tj

Post by yellow99tj »

Had a fantastic time, loved the course although I was no where near as competitive as I would have hoped to be :( . All in all a really fun weekend and I met a lot of really nice people, hope to come back soon.
-Shane Norton-
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR
STU #95
yellow99tj

Post by yellow99tj »

John Brown wrote:I had a great time there and would run again... but I have to say,the only thing that was out of line was "working on a car on course during official runs" That took an hour that greatly affected the remaining drivers... I'm not totally sure that is within the rule set... That car could have been pushed,drug.or towed off course into a safe area in 10 minutes and runs resumed... This should never happen in the future IMHO... YMMV otherwise... and great event,and we should make that place a regular venue.
Given the circumstance I think if we would have allowed the guy to fix it on track where it broke like he offered to do in the beginning it would have saved a lot of time and hassle. Hope he got it home ok.
-Shane Norton-
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR
STU #95
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

John Brown wrote:I had a great time there and would run again... but I have to say,the only thing that was out of line was "working on a car on course during official runs" That took an hour that greatly affected the remaiming drivers... Im not totally sure that is within the ruleset... That car could have been pushed,drug.or towed off course into a safe area in 10 minutes and runs resumed... This should never happen in the futere IMHO... YMMV otherwise... and great event,and we should make that place a regular venue.
By the time we realized we had 4 dollies (two are unasswmbled by the way, so there is some extra time), it was pretty well on the way to reassembly. I'd say we should have let Chris just fix it from the beginning and we'd have been outta there quicker.

We don't deal with stuff like that very often, so aren't too good at it, and stupid AWD complicated things.. I didn't see anything in the rules except that the vehicle was proabably too close to the course per safety rules.

In this case, I'm pretty certain trying to move it would have caused more damage to the car's bodywork, and I don't think we should take that chance for a local event.
Chris Harp
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

If my car EVER breaks during a session just drag it offline and let the other competitors run in a reasonable time frame..... :mrgreen:

not to mention the poor cousre workers that had to work an extra hour... They are a major concern of mine when I make a decision and the time they have to stand out in the elements...whatever they might be on a given day.
Last edited by John Brown on Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

Yeah, I think with all 4 dollies assembled and available from the start, the car could have been moved without risk of damaging it further fairly quickly, and then worked on under less stress. That should probably be "plan A".
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
youtube.com/lapoftheworld
steverife

Post by steverife »

The obvious solution is to ban AWD from our events. :P
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

That course was apparently perfect for the miata - had a blast this weekend despite my now painful sunburn. Thanks to Marc and Joey for letting me flog their equipment.

Don't think we'll be going to any tours with the miata's current powerplant.. its fast on these tight local courses but we would get massacred when you guys (anyone in an S2000) could really tap into the powerband. maybe if we get a fresh 1.8, all the bits/pieces to achieve 120 whp, and lose another 75 pounds we would bother with the drive :lol:

...but if Phil can't make it for the next tour you're planning on going to, Berry, count me in for a co-drive :wink:
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

Derp.
Last edited by SilverMaxima on Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2007 STI Limited #576, The Gentleman's STI, er Mistress, FOR SALE
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

thrdeye wrote:Question - would you run another event on this lot if there was the opportunity?
Yes, please. :eating:
yellow99tj wrote:Given the circumstance I think if we would have allowed the guy to fix it on track where it broke like he offered to do in the beginning it would have saved a lot of time and hassle. Hope he got it home ok.
Yeah, he made it home. I made sure of that. :)
steverife wrote:The obvious solution is to ban AWD from our events. :P
:P :lol:
Wheelman_13 wrote:Yeah, I think with all 4 dollies assembled and available from the start, the car could have been moved without risk of damaging it further fairly quickly, and then worked on under less stress. That should probably be "plan A".
+1 We initially had two, and the FXT wasn't moving with 2 wheels on the ground and 2 unable to turn freely. :( Had to do this awkward 2-jack thing to move it towards the barriers.
2007 STI Limited #576, The Gentleman's STI, er Mistress, FOR SALE
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
rocket71

Post by rocket71 »

ke0ki2k wrote:...but if Phil can't make it for the next tour you're planning on going to, Berry, count me in for a co-drive :wink:
We could probably work something out. :) If you haven't done a ProSolo then you need to try one. The courses are more local like (except Blytheville) and a blast.

back to regular programming.....

Here is a video. It looks pretty good if you watch it in HD. Not my fastest run (.4 slower) but the most fun as it got all out of shape at the left going back into the crossover. For some reason the "less" AutoX'y elements like that last sweeper combination I tend to stuggle with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zNP3gf-Ljo&feature=plcp
GT350
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Chris Harp