FS: 2002 C5 Z06

Items Wanted, Forsale, or For Trade
PushinTheLimit

FS: 2002 C5 Z06

Post by PushinTheLimit »

Sold!

The car has been very reliable for me and a pretty decent ST2 car. The times listed below were all either in qualifying or race conditions and was during my rookie season. The car has more in it and with more seat time would be even quicker. It now has a brand new vinyl wrap by Racing Graphics in Murfreesboro, TN. Looks really sharp.

With the currently Nasa rules for 2013, it can easily be ran in ST3 with no aero at 9.0 wt/hp with a slightly detune or add a little weight. Only reason for the sale is I’ve decided to go into dirt crate late model racing.

I raced the car at CMP one last time in November 2012 and the car drove very well. I was able to qualifying 3rd overall and 1st in ST2. For me, the car felt much more stable than it had been previously. The new Pfadt coilovers and Pfadt poly bushings worked well on the car.

Engine
- 2009 LS6 crate motor
- 100 octane tune
- 375 rwhp, 370 rwtq
- Stock headers, 3” x-pipe w/ catback (exhaust wrap on x-pipe)
- K&N air filter
- Ron Davis radiator
- Dual oil coolers
- Transmission cooler
- 3qt. Accusump
- Custom catch can

Suspension/brakes/drivetrain
- Pfadt single-adjustable coilover shocks
- Pfadt PolyE control arm bushings
- T1 swaybars and endlinks
- Wilwood SL6 front calipers
- Stock C5 rear calipers
- SKF hubs on the front
- Stock C5 rotors
- Hawk DTC-70 pads
- Short throw shifter (not sure on brand but is smooth and firm)
- New (installed 2009) transmission (with steel shift forks)
- SS brake lines
- DRM brake ducts

Wheels/Tires
- 4 total CCW Classics (2) 17x10 fronts, (2) 17x11 rears
- 3 sets of Hoosier A6’s (315/35-17’s)
- 1 set of Hoosier Rains (315/35-17’s)

Body/Miscellaneous
- 2002 Z06
- Mike Tracy’s old T1 car (Finished 7th at the 2007 SCCA Runoffs)
- SCCA/NASA approved style roll cage
- 3250 minimum competition weight on 1/8 tank of fuel
- New OEM front bumper
- New OEM hood
- Hood hinges replaced with hood pins
- New Quickcar window net
- Crow 5pt. racing harness
- Recaro Pro Racer SPG XL
- Halon System
- Sparco removable steering wheel
- Longacre rearview racing mirror
- Kill switch installed on passenger window
- Apex lap timer system
- Cool suit box & lines included (all that is needed is your cool shirt)

I have a few miscellanous parts and spares that will be included with the car (extra used rotors, a few spare brake pads, extra set of doors, extra hood, etc.).

Track Results
- CMP - 1:42.370
- Road Atlanta - 1:35.294
- VIR - 2:08.450 (on my qualifying lap and going through the dirt out of hogpen… could’ve been a 2:06 or better if I hadn’t gone off course)
- Roebling Road - 1:18.937
- Nashville SS – 1:05.789

Car is located in Crossville, TN
$21,000 OBO

I can also throw in my enclosed trailer with my vette. Total package for $28,300.

This is a 2002 Pace Ralleye 28' trailer with the front 8' converted to comfortable living quarters, leaving 20' of car space. The living quarters was designed and built like a travel trailer. The walls and ceiling are insulated. A RV power converter is installed that supplies separate 110v circuits as well as 12v circuits. The trailer has air conditioning and a 12v powered vent fan. It has a custom dinette with lots of underseat storage that also can be converted to a bed. The futon folds out to 6', or can be used as a couch.

The trailer has a refrigerator and a storage shelf for a microwave. Custom hardwood cabinets will hold all the weekend's supplies. An accordion door separates the living quarters from the garage. The garage side has a pegboard wall, another 4gang 110v circuit, tiedowns for your car, and some wall racks.

Trailer has 5000lb axles with torsion suspension that is rated at 10,000 GVWR. Dry weight of the trailer is 4410 lbs without the living quarter modifications. That adds roughly 200-300 pounds. Box is 27'7" long, 8'4" wide, and interior height is 74". I haul a 2002 Corvette with plenty of room in front and behind the car to walk. The trailer pulls great behind my 06 Chevy 2500. The trailer itself is in good shape for its age. One of the previous owners dinged the front corner with a go-cart but it's not that bad and has never given me trouble. All the tires are E class rated and the spare tire is new as well. The tongue could use some new paint to touch it up.

Last edited by PushinTheLimit on Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
Michael Smith
C5 Z06
ST2 #10
PushinTheLimit

Re: FS: 2002 C5 Z06

Post by PushinTheLimit »

Updated with new pictures and my enclosed trailer as a complete package deal.
Michael Smith
C5 Z06
ST2 #10
PushinTheLimit

Post by PushinTheLimit »

New lower price... if you know anyone that might be interested, let them know and get in touch with me. Thanks.
Michael Smith
C5 Z06
ST2 #10
PushinTheLimit

Post by PushinTheLimit »

Prices lowered.
Michael Smith
C5 Z06
ST2 #10
PushinTheLimit

Post by PushinTheLimit »

Sale Pending. I have received a deposit from a guy in Australia while the paperwork for import is being approved.
Michael Smith
C5 Z06
ST2 #10
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

good luck and be careful with international stuff!
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

thrdeye wrote:good luck and be careful with international stuff!
did he say he was a prince? Send you a cashiers check for way more than required?!
-Gary Mitchell
Custom Magnet Numbers and Vinyl Graphics! | Unofficial Points Standings
01' Honda S2000 -99 BSR
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
99' F250 Super Duty
91' SVT GEO Metro (24HhoursOfLemons!)
PushinTheLimit

Post by PushinTheLimit »

I was skeptical at first because of all the horror stories and scams seen all over the internet. But this guy seems pretty legit. We have exchanged at least 15 emails and he asked very specific details and has been very consistent with everything he has mentioned. We spoke on the phone last night (which was interesting as I thought I was talking to Crocodile Dundee :lol: ) and went over all the details. I won't be shipping the car until all the funds have been received and deposited into my bank account just to be on the safe side. I will also try to get a tracking number associated with the car while it is in transit just so I know the car has been delivered... just like you would do with any package sent with FedEx, UPS, etc. But once the car leaves my hands, it will be his responsibility at that point.

He's buying it to go racing with CAMS in Australia. I looked it up and it looks like an Australian racing organizational like SCCA or NASA here in the US. Probably will still be 2-4 weeks getting all the paperwork approved.
Michael Smith
C5 Z06
ST2 #10
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

Sounds like it is probably legit, but I would make sure your bank confirms that the funds are really in hand and cannot be yanked/bounced later.
- Dave Disney
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

yeah, no forwarding cashiers cheques.
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
youtube.com/lapoftheworld
PushinTheLimit

Post by PushinTheLimit »

disneyd wrote:Sounds like it is probably legit, but I would make sure your bank confirms that the funds are really in hand and cannot be yanked/bounced later.
Yes, no doubt. I will be talking to my bank about the deal. I want to make sure they have enough time to confirm the money before the car exchanges ownership. He doesn't seem to be in a huge rush either and made the suggestion of letting the funds clear before shipping the car. Still more paperwork to finish but it seems to be going in the right direction.
Michael Smith
C5 Z06
ST2 #10
TennTechMan

Post by TennTechMan »

Is he buying just the car, or the trailer too?

Not that I have any need for a trailer...
Aaron Carroll

STM 11 - 91 Geo Metro
Lead Engineer of the Knoxvegas Lowballers
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

TennTechMan wrote:Is he buying just the car, or the trailer too?

I'd hate the thought of how many spare parts, tools, and cargo we could transport to a lemons race in that thing... way too convenient.
-Gary Mitchell
Custom Magnet Numbers and Vinyl Graphics! | Unofficial Points Standings
01' Honda S2000 -99 BSR
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
99' F250 Super Duty
91' SVT GEO Metro (24HhoursOfLemons!)
PushinTheLimit

Post by PushinTheLimit »

GaryM wrote:
TennTechMan wrote:Is he buying just the car, or the trailer too?

I'd hate the thought of how many spare parts, tools, and cargo we could transport to a lemons race in that thing... way too convenient.
Just the car. And he's only able to take some of the small spares that I have for the car (rotors, pads, etc.) So I will be selling my spare tires separately. He said that the tires would require extra space for cargo and he didn't want to pay the extra price. Which they may have different tire rules for what he'll be running the car so I can understand.

As long as the trailer works for my late model... I'll be keeping it. I'll have to build some ramp-overs because it is very wide. I still need to add a couple of good tire racks as well. I just bought a 5000lb remote winch to install to make loading and unloading much easier.
Michael Smith
C5 Z06
ST2 #10
PushinTheLimit

Post by PushinTheLimit »

Sold! The vette left on a trailer to California then on to Australia over a week ago. So now onto getting my late model ready. I've already bought a chassis and should have it ready hopefully by mid July.
Michael Smith
C5 Z06
ST2 #10