first event

Discussions related to Solo
oldmuscle69

first event

Post by oldmuscle69 »

When is registration going to open for the first event? Or are we going to wait until we have better weather? No prob if waiting date change . Many are talking of more snow.How copy event daters? Going or not? If not provide the next first date , Thanks STS Rules!!
Bob Colbert
integra55

Re: first event

Post by integra55 »

How copy event daters?

Steve Rife to the translation booth … LOL
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

I'll open registration a couple of weeks before the event.
- Dave Disney
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

integra55 wrote:How copy event daters?

Steve Rife to the translation booth … LOL
This post was actually completely coherent. Just needed a comma in there - 'How copy, event daters?'

..Bob is just using a little radio jargon.

I think the powers-that-be always wait until two-weeks out to open pre-registration. They have their reasons.
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
integra55

Post by integra55 »

I still don't quite understand … I've never dated an event …. :mrgreen:
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones

828-686-3245
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

The registration form hasn't been updated to the 2014 class structure. I didn't see any Street-R classes in the drop down list. Also, what index is going to be used for the index classes? There appear to be at least three choices: continue using the Ruth 2013 with no street tire adjustment factor, use the Ruth 2014 index or the 2014 SCCA ProSolo index. The last two choices require changing class choices in the drop down list on the registration form and probably a restructuring of the tire index class.

My vote would be for the 2014 SCCA ProSolo index with a street tire adjustment factor for non-street classes, like ASP, running on street tires in the tire index class. Street class cars choosing to run in the tire index class would not need an adjustment as the tire factor is already included in their index.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
steverife

Post by steverife »

We're doing Pro Solos?
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

steverife wrote:We're doing Pro Solos?
Oh, puhleeze.

It's a possible performance index to use and it is published by, and will be maintained by, the SCCA, not an individual. Of course, the elimination of index classes is also a possibility. But if you want to have them, you need an index.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

John Brown

Post by John Brown »

dewittpayne wrote:The registration form hasn't been updated to the 2014 class structure. I didn't see any Street-R classes in the drop down list. Also, what index is going to be used for the index classes? There appear to be at least three choices: continue using the Ruth 2013 with no street tire adjustment factor, use the Ruth 2014 index or the 2014 SCCA ProSolo index. The last two choices require changing class choices in the drop down list on the registration form and probably a restructuring of the tire index class.

My vote would be for the 2014 SCCA ProSolo index with a street tire adjustment factor for non-street classes, like ASP, running on street tires in the tire index class. Street class cars choosing to run in the tire index class would not need an adjustment as the tire factor is already included in their index.
isn't this all taken care of by using Pax 2014 numbers??
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
integra55

Post by integra55 »

come on DeWitt, the Pro Solo Index is for … guess what … Pro Solo's

walter jones

828-686-3245
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Seems to me that 2014 PAX makes sense. We aren't running Pro Solo locally and the drag race start has an effect on results. 2013 PAX with any kind of modifier does not make sense to me.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Yep 2014 numbers. If we can just figure out what CAM is supposed to be.

It is an extra level of stress that we don't really need to try to make our own rules up on a regular basis

sent from typotalk
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

I'm confused why we need an index for CAM unless it is just for comparison purposes after the event.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
TedV

Post by TedV »

CAM , AKA CP on street tires.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

As pointed out in another thread, the 2014 PAX index compiled by Rick Ruth is heavily biased against the new street classes. The ProSolo index, based on the DAX index is, in my opinion, much more realistic for Street versus Street-R. I've prepared a side by side comparison of the 2013 and 2014 RTP and the 2013 and 2014 Pro Solo indexes. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/915 ... ompare.pdf There are substantial differences for some classes and little difference for others. It also remains to be seen if SCCA will publish its own index for National Solo.

But whatever the final decision on the index to be used, there's still the problem that the xSR classes are not listed on the registration form. Also, if a 2014 index is used, what happens to the tire index class? Will Street class cars even be eligible for the tire index class? Street Touring isn't. Without Street class cars, I doubt that the tire index class will have very many entries. OTOH, if Street class is included in the tire class, what index will be used for them, Street-R or Street? If Street, then what is going to be done with Street Prepared cars running on street tires? These decisions will have to be made unless the decision is to continue running under the 2013 Solo Rules with no Street classes at all.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C